Check Out My New Belles!

garymd

Mr. Boomac (Scotty of course) was kind enough to drive from Wisconsin to PA to Delaware so yours truly could round out his heritage collection. Did I mention he had to practically carry these up the seller's basement stairs by himself? I found out just what a task that must have been as Rplace (Richie Rich of course) and I carried them up the steep stairs at my house and into my music room. After lugging the Belles around, Cornwalls seemed Heresy-like in weight as we loaded the '83s back into Scott's truck for the ride back to WI.

Here are some pics:

post-11821-13819445985858_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any crossover recommendations? I plan to give them a couple months but not much longer than that. These have AB-2s. I think they're '98s but I was told they should have AB-3s. The first two numbers in the serial # are 98 and the seller said he bought them in '99.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks to Tom for going to check them out for me! I wouldn't have bought them otherwise.

That's Rich's hat. He's a brewer himself as many here know. I'll get to Dogfish Head one of these days. Afterall it's only 5 minutes from my house!

Actually, Scott and Frank carried them together but from what I'm told, Frank isn't exactly the body builder type. Scott had to bear most of the burden I think.

The Belles are practically perfect as you can see. They were a bargain for sure.

As far as comparing to Cornwalls................like Seti said, you can't. They are just different. Some music I like better on the Corns, some on the Belles although I need more time. The Belles have a better soundstage. Corns are Corns. They have that crispness you don't get from any other Klipsch speaker.

Mr. Boomac (Scotty of course) was kind enough to drive from Wisconsin
to PA to Delaware so yours truly could round out his heritage
collection. Did I mention he had to practically carry these up the
seller's basement stairs by himself? I found out just what a task that
must have been as Rplace (Richie Rich of course) and I carried them up
the steep stairs at my house and into my music room. After lugging the
Belles around, Cornwalls seemed Heresy-like in weight as we loaded the
'83s back into Scott's truck for the ride back to WI.

============================================

I do not know how Scott moved them single handed. The less than robust Parrot helped me load his his Belles into my Dodge minivan for the ride to my home. Not an easy task.

As for crossovers I have only done one. Dean ALK Jrs. Have not had a reason to change but I continue to think of the Trachorn.

I do not know how Scott moved them single handed. The less than robust Parrot helped me load his his Belles into my Dodge minivan for the ride to my home. Not an easy task.

Weight 125 lbs. (56.75kg)

Do-able. [:P]

Awkwardness especially up flight of stairs without damaging finish.

Not do-able. [:S]

Verdict: Tall tale enhanced story. [bs]

Any crossover recommendations? I plan to give them a couple months but not much longer than that. These have AB-2s. I think they're '98s but I was told they should have AB-3s. The first two numbers in the serial # are 98 and the seller said he bought them in '99.

Try Al's horns and Beyma tweeters... best money I ever spent...

Verdict: Tall tale enhanced story. PWK BS Button

You are the one with the [bs]. I moved my LaScalas (you can look up the weight) by myself. Unloaded them from the Blazer and up my front steps into my living room. It is quite do-able, but you have to use your head as much as your muscles.

Verdict: Tall tale enhanced story. PWK BS Button

You are the one with the PWK BS Button. I moved my LaScalas (you can look up the weight) by myself. Unloaded them from the Blazer and up my front steps into my living room. It is quite do-able, but you have to use your head as much as your muscles.

Few people are as strong as Captain Marvel.

0501_Captain_Marvel_18_lg.jpg