MC250's as monoblocks

kuisis

I just bought another MC250, redone by Terry D. I was wondering if anybody runs these as monoblocks? I have LSI's as speakers.

Thanks

Tom

I heard JC's on LaScala II's but I'm not sure what mode they were running. Whatever mode they sounded amazing. They are my new fave vintage amps. Goo score.

It seems to be explained very well in the manual. Looks like the right channel is also used for mono connections. The trickiest part I suppose is setting the output levels on each amp to make sure you get the right balance of power. That too can be fine tuned using your preamp. Let us know how it works out. You'll certainly have plenty of juice!

It seems to be explained very well in the manual. Looks like the right channel is also used for mono connections. The trickiest part I suppose is setting the output levels on each amp to make sure you get the right balance of power. That too can be fine tuned using your preamp. Let us know how it works out. You'll certainly have plenty of juice!

Me too. Very interested in how they sound bridged.

tc

I'm running my MC250 in mono to the center channel. Had to bridge it in order to run in mono. Seems there are two ways to run MC250's in mono, depending on the serial number.

Version SN21L98 to SN23L47 ties the 16 ohm taps together when the
switch is set to mono, version SN10L01 to SN21L97 does not tie them
together and requires the external jumpers.

MC250 for 100 Watts mono.

1-switch on panel to MONO

2-Feed input to right channel input and use right gain to set level

3-for 4 ohm speaker tie 8 ohm taps together, tie commons together, and feed speaker from 8 ohm to common.

4-for 8 ohm speaker tie 16 ohm taps together, tie commons together and feed speaker from 16 ohm to common.

They look like a million bucks. And the cool factor behind using monoblocks.

These are very reasonable in cost as vintage Mac goes - and yeah - they DO look very nice, and a great match for Heritage. I've got a pair of 250s myself but never ran them as monoblocks. They actually do a smidge short of 70 watts in stereo, which is pretty loud on a pair of Heritage. REALLY loud. Never had a need to monoblock 'em....