A little light in our dark economy......

tommyboy

As many of you know, my gf is in college, and working part time. We've been waiting and waiting for someone to call about a full time job for her. After 8 months of waiting, our phone rings. Regions bank called her in for an interview, and she did her drug test yesturday. She's supposed to start on the 23rd, at 11.15 an hour. Not the greatest money, but not bad in this economy. They have some program that hires college kids, and she had to prove to them that she is in school.

Starting at $11.15 per hour is a lot for a typical bank job. They usually pay minimum wage to people fresh out of high school. There is also a lot of after hours work not paid for----balancing the days transactions.

JJK

She won't actuallly be at the bank. She'll be in the "headquarters" working phone calls.

I down, 4 million to go! But, any start is a start!

Here is some food for thought...Congress and Obama are planning to spend $225,714.28 to attempt to create each one of the 3.5 million jobs in this bill. You could actually pay 3.5 million people $45,000 per year to stay home and not work for five years and that is your 790 Billion dollar stimulus bill. Heck why stop there... Obama could pay 7 million people to stay at home and pretend they had jobs for only $22,500 per year for the next 5 years.

Congrats...This is certainly a scary time. It seems like every day brings a new horror story from someone I know. I just had dinner with a friend who has a small business here in Chicago (coffee shop / bean roaster / wholesaler). He posted a job opening for a receptionist on CL at $11/HR and received NINE HUNDRED responses on day 1.