Forte IIs vs Reference stuff

carbon summit

True that. I have not heard any Klipsch speakers I couldn't live with. Heck even my Klipsch Ultra 5.1 promedia speakers rock. I have them wall mounted all the way around in my office and people are blown away when I crank it up. The dual 8" woofers kick really good in this room.

I sure do wonder about them sometimes especially them not being rear ported.

If you read through the Dope from Hope papers, you will find mention that the early cornwalls were rear ported. PWK comments that it is the only major change to the speakers over the years. Granted, he wrote that some time ago. (30 years ago? I don't remember off the top of my head)

I could digg the Dope from Hope papers out..... but Its a saturday and I'm lazy. But, I do remember PWK mentioning that.

Daniel

True that. I have not heard any Klipsch speakers I couldn't live with. Heck even my Klipsch Ultra 5.1 promedia speakers rock. I have them wall mounted all the way around in my office and people are blown away when I crank it up. The dual 8" woofers kick really good in this room.

A-friggan-men! I've heard many a Klipsch speaker, everything from the very expensive, exotic Palladium P39F to the 60th anni Khorns to Cornwalls all the way down to the humble little ProMedia 2.0s (which I have a set for my laptop that I sometimes like to take with me on trips), and I could easily listen to and enjoy any of them.

Yes, everybody will have thier preferences, but for me, I found my RF-7s worked out the best for my particular room and needs. However, now that I got a two-channel system down in the basement, I'd like to eventually get some heritage type speakers for that - leaning towards some Cornwalls, if I can find a pair (or may just break down and order a brand-new pair of CW IIIs).

I’ve listened to almost all of the Klipsch Speakers and have been impressed with most of them. To an extent, room size and shape matters. You have to have good corners to make use of the Klipschorn and you have to get the Forte IIs and Chorus IIs off the walls to maximize their utility.

With good gear my preference would be:

Klipschorn / Palladium P39 (I like the vintage look otherwise the P39 would get top vote)

Cornwall – Really hard to beat

Forte II (best bang for the buck)

The KLF series and the KG speakers, (especially the KG2.5s) are bargains.

• 2 years later...

I prefer more modern looking speakers.

I prefer speakers that sound good rather than look good.

Agreed. I will add that stereo's can be like women. Some are more pleasing to be around Whether younger or older and regardless of vintage. Others may appear more pleasing to the eye, but don't sound so pleasing when spending time around or listening to. I would suspect some lady's may feel somewhat the same.

Opps, Old Post

• Moderators

I prefer more modern looking speakers.

I prefer speakers that sound good rather than look good.

Agreed. I will add that stereo's can be like women. One big advantage a OFF switch on the stereo

Some are more pleasing to be around Whether younger or older and regardless of vintage. Very true

Others may appear more pleasing to the eye, but don't sound so pleasing when spending time around or listening to. Very true

I would suspect some lady's may feel somewhat the same. Guaranteed

Opps, Old Post

I have Fortes, Quartets, HI's, HII's, and RF-63's. I find myself listening to my RF-63's more and more each day in 2.0 and 2.2. The more I listen to them the more I like them as well or in some instances, better than all my Heritage speakers.

Bill

I have Forte lls, Chorus lls and RF-7s. Between the RF-7s and Chrous lls its hard to pick a favorite. They both do different things better. When I first got the Chorus and Forte I thought they were hands down better but after listening closer I've found that they both do different things better. I'd hate to have to pick a favorite. Between the RF-7 and Forte - I would keep my RF-7s. Between the Chorus and RF-7, that is too hard to pick. I'd give the edge to the Chorus with music that uses a lot of horns, guitars and things like that and the RF-7 the edge in modern music with lot's of bass like your modern top 40, rap, hip hop, trance.

I've thought about this a lot and I really think between the top box speakers in the Klipsch line it's going to be splitting hairs between the Heresy, Cornwall, Chorus, Forte, KLF 20, KLF 30, RF-5, RF-7, RF-83, RF-7 ll. I think to step outside of these sounds you need to get into the La Scala, Khorn and Jubilee. So I guess my answer is no, you're not missing anything really with your Forte's.