Koa Khorn Restoration

greg928gts

I finally got to restore my own Khorns! A bright side of the slow economy I guess.

www.dcchomes.com/GRKhorns.html

Koa veneer - like they're on fire! Love it!

Greg

Click on the picture for a larger version that looks better. Halogen lights give them that reddish tone. They do look like that under halogen lights, but not quite as red in regular daylight.

post-11090-13819455094702_thumb.jpg

Thank you everyone. It's paper-backed veneer from Oakwood Veneer, installed with Heatlock glue and the iron-on method. NO bubbling issues at all. Because it's paper-backed, the guys at Oakwood are joining the pieces of veneer to make 4' x 8' sheets, applying the backer, and sanding it perfectly. It makes my job very easy actually.

Greg

post-11090-13819455114602_thumb.jpg

I am so glad I got these back home today, I really missed not having them. They've been in the shop for the last week getting fitted with the new horns and for photographs.

The more I listen to these the better I like them. Incredible cohesion between the midrange and bass bin, I really can't hear the crossover point at all. These don't sound like horns anymore, they just sound like incredibly dynamic but ultra smooth music. The excitement of listening to music right now reminds me of the first time I heard Klipsch speakers.

Also, still amazed by what those stupid little cone feet do to the imaging. With my eyes open, I'm listening to Jackson Browne right there in front of me just ten feet away - amazing for Khorns sitting 22' apart, especially with the crap I've got between them (T.V. and audio equipment furniture).

I'm one happy dude right now! Big smile on my face! [:D]

Greg

post-11090-13819455129662_thumb.jpg