google - my new best freind

Guest " "

The power of google.....amazing.

After being told I need brakes, calipers, pads, all around on my mustang at a cost of 1300, decided to do it my self for 312 in parts.

Did the brakes and all was well.

A few days later the car would not come out of park. It started OK, but would not come out of park.

A played around with the shifter and the key positions and learned that if I put the key mid way between off and park it would come out of park and if I put it in neutral, I could fully operate the car from there.

Off to google I went....30 seconds later....check the brake light switch to see if it works was suggested....duh....who would think to check for no brake lights.......no brake lights..no get out of park...well brake lights did not work.

Checked the wiring and low and behold...the hot wire was broken off the brake light stwitch (probally from pumping the pedals too deep during the bleeding part of the brake job)....did a repair...brake lights worked...car comes out of park.

Checked the wiring and low and behold...the hot wire was broken off the brake light stwitch (probally from pumping the pedals too deep during the bleeding part of the brake job)....did a repair...brake lights worked...car comes out of park.

We call that a "recheck" in the biz[:$]. Good job on the rest[Y]

Simply amazing: Got a buddy that had an Oldsmobile about 10 years ago. Would not do anything when the key was turned. Checked everything we could think of. Finally got in touch with a GM mechanic that does work at home. He asked if the fuse's were checked; yes they were. He asked if the fuse's behind the glove box were checked; what fuses behind the glove box? Turned out GM had inline fuse's for extra protection; only way to get to them was to take the glove box out of the car. Yes one of them was blown. Another way for the dealer to make big bucks for nothing. Later Bill

Same here I research all my parts prior to purchase. RealOEM.com is my new friend total parts breakdown's on every part of the car with part numbers and prices. I can then order online or off eBay. Also alot of great DIY posts to assist in the replacement with photos and explanations. Fabulous.

I love Google and use it all the time, but I fear it is the beginning of the "brain extension control system" whereas in the future we cannot exist without it because it instructs us what to do every second 24/7. I hope it lets us drink beer and fart.

JJK

Google is a pretty handy tool........... Have you ever tried to google your name? You'd probably be surprised what comes up........

in one state I was a convicted murderer, in another state I was a brain surgeon.