Residents of the N. GA. mountains: Alert

USNRET

So we are finally going to get it together and listen to the Cigarbum's collection this weekend! [:D][pi][Y] See ya then. Coytee, just tell the wife you need to run to the store for a minute, be right back. Better to ask for forgiveness then permission[6]

"Coytee, just tell the wife you need to run to the store for a minute, be right back. Better to ask for forgiveness then permissionDevil"

Isn't that what John Lennon did when he split for his "Lost Weekend"? I think that one went on for a couple of years! Cigars, single malts/bourbon and good tunes, what's not to like? Have fun guys.

Newsflash update: I might be able to go. I cried, whined, begged, made empty promises that will never be kept... for the sake of getting me to shut up, she said I should probably go... ok, well that's not exactly what she said [*-)]

So, question... what is the most efficient way of getting there from Ktown area? Looking at a map I think I need to stay clear of I-75 and take some of the back roads? Perhaps 411 to 64/74 then to 129 or is it better to go through the 'woods'?

Also... any interest in me bringing anything? I've got a tube preamp (Artemis Lab LA1), amp (Viva 300B), amp (Crown K2). Heck... if you have LaScalas, I could see if I could fit the K402 horn in my car (kinda doubtful unless I took wifes car and that won't happen). If you DO have a LaScala and I could fit the 402 in, you could hear a single JubeScala. I think it would also work with the Cornwall however, I don't know the paramaters for that (probably easy to figure out) BUT, disconnecting the 400/tweeter from the LaScala is much easier than the cornwall. I'd have to bring my Dx38 too.

I'd probably leave here early Saturday, kick around for while, then come home... part of this agreement is planting flowers.... and I am NOT allowed to use my backhoe [:(]

Dangerous question here, any special requests for food or drink? Bring whatever you want, personnally I wouldn't want to disconnect and haul all that stuff with the danger of damaging something, maybe some CD's your familiar with so you can give my systems a good evaluation.

Getting here, got a gps, put in Helen, GA, call whem you get to Helen, 706 878 9069 , Lat. 34-45-02N, Long. 83-40-13W.

Glad you guys are coming, see you Sat.

CB

any special requests for food or drink?

I'm pretty simple. If you happen to have a Coke classic around that's great...if not, I'll bring one. I'll more than likely eat breakfast on my way down (big on breakfast) and don't know if I'd be there long enough to worry about anything else.... I might grab a handful of chips...might bring some for the crowd too, just to help pitch in

If there is any reason to (try) bring the K402, if it will fit, it would take up most of the back seat. I know I could fit something else back there. I'd have front and trunk so bringing a Thorens back shouldn't be TOO big of an issue. If the box is less than 24" square, it should easily fit in my trunk OR even, back seat (if no K402 is back there). I shipped some amps and they went into a 24x24x24 box. I had to drive with my trunk open but was able to move it.

All depends on how big the box is

1st question: Do you have LaScalas? (if not, then bringing a 402 woudn't make any sense anyway)

2nd: If you do, then do you (anyone) have an interst to hear it, as well as an interest in rewiring something on your end to set it up? (if not, then wouldn't make sense to bring it)

I don't mind trying to bring it and I certainly don't mind leaving it alone!! I also don't know that it will fit in my car. It's kind of ungainly in size and shape.

I'll just make sure that I have enough to eat and drink. Coytee, don't have LaScalas, got Belles, I'm not sure I would go to a lot of trouble with your stuff, check my bio page for the equipment I have, it's up to date.

Again, nothing fancy here, but I believe comfortable. Not married, so if you see a little dust or stuff laying around, just get over it, I don't have a maid (except me and I don't do well, and the cats don't care.

Coytee, not sure whick way is the best for getting here, as I said get to Helen and call, I live in the sticks.

Later

CB

I might grab a handful of chips...might bring some for the crowd too, just to help pitch in...

If there is any reason to (try) bring the K402, if it will fit, it would take up most of the back seat. I know I could fit something else back there.

That K402 would make a heck of a chip holder...

I knew from the get go when you fellas anounced this gathering...I was gonna have to miss it. My schedule suks. I hope I can make it to the next one.

Play some funk for me on Cornscalas......

jc