any shrinks out there?

so it's 12:34 am pacific standard time, and I'm a 48 year old man that just finished watching Huckleberry Hound and Tennessee Tuxedo cartoons on You Tube--and liked them! Maybe this could be the reason that I sat in our staff meeting at work, and after my boss spent a considerable amount of time reminding us of all the ways that we've disappointed her this past week, she asks me if I'd done my Status Report. I said, "No; but I did save a lot of money on my auto insurance." I don't know why she didn't think it was funny--everyone else laughed.

I did one better,,,At our weekly meeting,,I opened a ledger and read off a list of corruption the boss did over the years,,, No I didnt get fired,,nore did i get a raise that year

If and when you have found and accepted a new job, and you are all ready to announce and leave your current job, here is how to do it with flair:

Do not write a note of resignation. Do not inform your boss or co-workers, yet... Do not drop by HR and give them the news.

Wait until you are in an important meeting with your co-workers, your boss, and hopefully your boss's boss. While your boss, or hopefully your boss's boss is speaking, interrupt and ask, "Well, there's coffee, but where are the donuts?"

Whatever happens, (which will be interesting) let them proceed, then inturrupt some more grumbling about no donuts until you know it is the breaking point, then exclaim, "I just can't believe there are no donuts in this meeting! I've had enough of this... I quit!"

* Bonus: If your co-workers have heard you tell this as a funny story in the past, you can always wake up a sleepy meeting just by asking if there are any donuts.

If and when you have found and accepted a new job, and you are all ready to announce and leave your current job, here is how to do it with flair:

Do not write a note of resignation. Do not inform your boss or co-workers, yet... Do not drop by HR and give them the news.

Wait until you are in an important meeting with your co-workers, your boss, and hopefully your boss's boss. While your boss, or hopefully your boss's boss is speaking, interrupt and ask, "Well, there's coffee, but where are the donuts?"

Whatever happens, (which will be interesting) let them proceed, then inturrupt some more grumbling about no donuts until you know it is the breaking point, then exclaim, "I just can't believe there are no donuts in this meeting! I've had enough of this... I quit!"

* Bonus: If your co-workers have heard you tell this as a funny story in the past, you can always wake up a sleepy meeting just by asking if there are any donuts.

that would be even better if you worked for "Jenny Craig" or "Weight Watchers" .......

]

Ordered mine yesterday. Seemed like the right time Wink.

Most excellent Fini. But beware--it's a life changer!

But we like Fini the way he is ! [:'(]

dtel,

don't worry fini will be even finier.

it's also available unabridged on CD, if you want to listen in the car.

Tolle really does write some good stuff.

so it's 12:34 am pacific standard time, and I'm a 48 year old man that just finished watching Huckleberry Hound and Tennessee Tuxedo cartoons on You Tube--and liked them! Maybe this could be the reason that I sat in our staff meeting at work, and after my boss spent a considerable amount of time reminding us of all the ways that we've disappointed her this past week, she asks me if I'd done my Status Report. I said, "No; but I did save a lot of money on my auto insurance." I don't know why she didn't think it was funny--everyone else laughed.

some people can't take a joke.

Some people have no sense of humor.

That's why I'm very glad I work with some exceptional people. Intelligent, skilled, but they don't take themselves too seriously, either. (well, most of them)

Our Help Desk manager keeps a musical magic wand at his desk to make anyone's problems disappear. He also uses Sponge Bob Squarepants as customer service training. Serious. If you ever watch it, he's all about customer service.

The only real down side is my team lead has no social skills or sense of humor, and an incredibly high opinion of himself. But, if it's just one person like that, I count myself lucky.