American Idol 2009

I know many of you here don't watch American Idol nor care too much for it. Honestly, I've never been much of a fan for various reasons. However......

There is a guy this year named Adam Lambert and he has just a ridiculous set of pipes. I'm not sure when I've heard a guy's voice that was so versatile and rangy. Sure there are trained male singers with great vocal ranges, but for a males voice to naturally have a multiple octave range is rare. Last night he sang Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" and there's no doubt that Robert Plant would've been pleased. I kept wondering if Michael Colter was watching.

Indyklipsch => Have you heard this guy sing??

Tom

I agree CEC, I'm not a fan of Adam either, he sure is a screamer! Thats all he does is scream at some point throught all his songs thus far. Yes, he has range, but I wouldn't buy an album unless someone helped him fix that screaming. Go Danny or Allison.

I agree CEC, I'm not a fan of Adam either, he sure is a screamer! Thats all he does is scream at some point throught all his songs thus far. Yes, he has range, but I wouldn't buy an album unless someone helped him fix that screaming. Go Danny or Allison.

Adam gives me the willies...I wouldn't let him within ten feet of my daughter...or sons. I'm sick of his bobcat yowl too! Every song, no matter the genre it's supposed to be, he finds an arrangement to turn it into a goth-rock vehicle for AdLam...and the judges never criticize him for it. They never criticize him for anything. He's already a "rock God" according to Kara Digiorno...and he's never made a record, afaik... ...Give me Kris or Danny for the win!

I've suffered through it on a few occasions (when the GF has commandeered control of the 'motrol, and in an attempt to score some nookie points) and for the most part it makes me hurl. I do like it however when someone who REALLY sucks gets told that they REALLY suck by the British dude. But mostly, I'd rather listen to my gear and stare at a blank TV screen.

Wife likes it, I don't mind it... it's a nice opportunity to turn the Jubilees up to where you have to focus on what someone is saying to you in the room. She usually doesn't like them too loud (not that they're screaming loud during the show) but just last night, I went to turn things off and told her to turn her tv volume up.... she told me to NOT turn the stereo off quite yet since I always do that...and she wanted to hear the rest of the show over the stereo and not the tv speaker.

So, although I enjoy the show, it's also about sharing some Jubilee time with the wife [H] I even got her to admit last night that she really likes how they sound. She agreed but couldn't leave it at that...she had to add "but, they're still hideous looking" [:(]

Yea, that sucks that Allison is gone, but did I ever enjoy the part where Kris got through. I have this feeling that Adam won't win, as Kris is not the best singer, and I think that people are voting for Kris inspite for Adam. I personally don't care who wins at this point as I wouldn't buy an album from any of them, but it is interesting. Paula still has good choreography.

The biggest plus side of the show for me is the fact that we can watch it as a family, including my 11 year old daughter. I don't have to worry about language, violence or adult situations. It may not be the show for the ultimate audiophile but it is good family entertainment.

Am I the only one who could picture Adam in the Rocky Horror Picture Show?

the show, it's also about sharing some Jubilee time with the wife Cool I even got her to admit last night that she really likes how they sound. She agreed but couldn't leave it at that...she had to add "but, they're still hideous looking" Sad

Man is this your lucky day! I like helping people, so I'm willing to take those jubilees off your hands--free of charge. I wouldn't think of accepting any form of payment--keeping the wife happy is way more important. Knowing that I'm helping you out by removing those hideous things from your house is payment enough. Shall I gas up my truck, I have a long drive from Southern California--I'd like to get a head start on the traffic.

• Moderators

Wife likes it, I don't mind it... it's a nice opportunity to turn the Jubilees up to where you have to focus on what someone is saying to you in the room. She usually doesn't like them too loud (not that they're screaming loud during the show) but just last night, I went to turn things off and told her to turn her tv volume up.... she told me to NOT turn the stereo off quite yet since I always do that...and she wanted to hear the rest of the show over the stereo and not the tv speaker.

So, although I enjoy the show, it's also about sharing some Jubilee time with the wife Cool I even got her to admit last night that she really likes how they sound. She agreed but couldn't leave it at that...she had to add "but, they're still hideous looking" Sad

[:o] That is amazing progress, very good work now don't let up you will have her completely turned around in know time ! [H]

Edit; American or any other Idol sux. [+o(]

What about Kara-- After Danny gets done singing "Dream On" by Aerosmith, she says I think it would've been better if you did some"Early Aerosmith" like Cryin' or Crazy!!! What a moron.

You would think these judges that have made their living in the music business would, I don't know, actually know something about music? They proved that they didn't when they criticized Allison, and gave the others a free pass. They just don't know good when they hear it.

Most of them only care about boring R&B crap anyway. That and they are really just looking for the most marketable, not the most talented. Not to take anything away from Adam.