Happy...for now!!!

carbon summit

I'm sitting here listening to my system and...

I'm happy!!!

It sounds great and I'm happy. I have not been obsessive about checking ebay or craigslist or do I worry about this speaker or that speaker in place of what I have.

I'm sure a lot of guys who have been on here a while look at the system listed in my signature and laugh but for now I'm happy. I think these are the times we strive for. I know there are better speakers than what I have but as long as ignorance is bliss I'm going to enjoy this!!!

I'm sure the upgrade bug will bite again but for the last few months I've been really happy with the sound of what I have.

The point of this post is to ask the "old timers" how long this lasts. My wallet loves it and at the moment I love it too!

Who's laughing? I have the Forte I's in oak oil and the greatest band ever to come out of the "Great White North", (Rush, of course) never sounded better in my house. Sometimes the bug bites and you don't get infected, that is when I am happy. I save $$$ that way.

Bill

• Moderators

Sometimes the bug bites and you don't get infected, that is when I am happy.

Wow Bill...that is a Fantastic statement. I totally agree. Being content with what you have is a blessing. Some guys never get to that point. They continue to chase "things" without ever being truly satisfied with what they have. There is nothing wrong with wanting something better but I think it is important to do your research, find out what you want, look for great deals, then once you get it, enjoy it. No need to look elsewhere. Congrats on your system! There is no one to impress but your ears. :)

Hi Bill,

I don't know if I think anyone is laughing really but I'm well aware that some guys on here probably have more invested in a pair of speakers or an amp than I have in my whole set up so to them me being satisfied with my humble system may seem humorous!!

I'm sure the bug will bite again but for now I'm really satisfied. The one area I can see me getting tempted is with a pre/pro vs my AVR receiver. The Emotiva UMC-1 should be available next month and ....

Oh no its starting.... [;)]

I would like one but my Yamaha 663 is doing such a great job its hard to justify spending more cash. I think my wallet is safe...for now!

• Moderators

Humorous , no way, I also have Forte ll's set up for Ht and considering price, size and sound quality I don't think it gets any better.

There are alot of people who have never heard the Forte ll, it is one of the best all a round speakers Klipsch produced. IMO

• Moderators

I was thinking about what you said and I have the 730 Yamaha which I also like, I thought about just adding one of Emotivas 3 or 5 channel amp's, I think the RX-V730 is only like 75 WPC.

But it will have to wait, I am trying to get there 2 Ch pre amp and the XPA-5 for another project.

• Moderators

I wish I had your set up. If you look at my signature you will laugh for sure.

After looking at what some people have on this forum it's easy to think like that, BUT think about what the average person has if anything at all. How many people have those home theater in a box things with the little plastic computer looking speakers with the 2 dollar driver in it ?

My son in law has one of the smallest Klipsch they made ( I think ), Quintets, 5 little speakers I would put up against any HTIB, they sound amazing. So just having Klipsch puts your Ht ahead of many out there !

I have to ask what is Peshewah ? Sounds like an Indian name for something ?

Only thing I've been looking at is a different receiver, possibly a Marantz x001 series. Many have said that its two-channel performance blows away the Onkyo 805 I have.

It would take a small miracle to cause me to replace my Forte IIs with something else. My surrounds could be upgraded, I've been thinking of a pair of KG-4s, 5.5s, etc if I come across a good deal on them. If I find another KG pair cheap enough I kind of want to give 7.1 a try (well, 6.1 but not in the 'normal' 6.1 sense since I don't have a center speaker).

My subs are incredible. Again, something huge would have to come along to de-throne them.

Good to hear you're enjoying your setup!

The point of this post is to ask the "old timers" how long this lasts. My wallet loves it and at the moment I love it too!

I've had my Fortes since 10-06. I replaced the crossover networks a little over a year ago and the tweeter diaphragms a few months ago.

I've had my KG 3.5 surrounds since February of this year.

I've had my SVS-Ultras and amp since November of '08.

Onkyo 805 since July of '08.

I look almost every day on craigslist and eBay for items that would be upgrades to what I have. I am very happy with what I have but if I find a good deal on an upgrade, why not? [:)]

Dtel. Its Ottawa (Odawa) and it means lynx or wildcat. And your right as far my speakers go. I am pretty lucky. When I was a kid our home stereo was a big hair curler box with car speakers mounted on the sides and a 8-track tape player mounted in the front. We were living it up.

A little side step here, but when I placed a pair of H2s in my sons room with some GMX Promedia speakers on top of them and switched between them I was STUNNED at how good the GMX's sounded! It was hard to not beleave that the sound I was hearing was NOT comming from the H2s!

Even at the low end of the product lines (promedia) Klipsch is outstanding performance and much better than HTIB! You have NO reason to feel bad about not having an ALL Heritage HT, not at all! A work in progress with Klipsch is nothing to be ashamed of!

To the OP ..... OH BTW, I have settled down and no longer am looking for "more" in my systems, I, like you, are quite happy with what I have, and for a budget price I might add.