nottingham turntable

as i stated when i listed the yamaha for sale i found a great deal on a higher end table well here she is::

Nottingham Mentor, with graham 2.0 upgraded to 2.2 with ceramic armwand all tools and set-up devices included, i have never had a bearing that works like this one, when you put the oil in the trough and set the bearing in it's like the thing bottoms out no matter what you do you cannot push the thing down you have to walk away for about an hour and come back and wipe up the excess oil that has over flowed (very tight tolerances) and the main platter weighs in at about 70 pounds this thing is a beast, if i had to change anything about the construction it would be the plinth (mdf with a piano black finish i would think a nice piece of granite would do wonders (although i am not complaining) this was one hell of a good deal

heres a pic

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you........[:D][:D][:D][:D]

ok just jealous !!!!

I want a Dais so bad it hurts....was saving up for one till the market dropped out, sets me back a while

Larry from hollywood sound, has one set up in his showroom (and his home) and I drop by from time to time wih Lp's and give er a go....

Enjoy your mentor...one of the sweetest tables around!!!!!

hey fender

the dais is a beauty as well, and its easier to move about weighing in at nearly 1/2 of what this thing weighs (platter over 70 pounds alone) i was a little concerned when i read some online reviews people have complained about some build quality issues with nottingham, and then when i got down to myrtle beach and saw the bearing i was real concerned (all other bearings i have used either came to a point or had a ball set in them) this one is tapered on the end and then bluntly stops (i am thinking jesus thats alot of bearing wear) the previous ouner told me he had called the dealer / manufacturer and they told him no need to worry about that bearing it was built to last a lifetime....................after installing the thing i now see what they meant it easily took 1 hour for it to settle down the tolerances are so tight (i have used several top end VPI tables and there bearing is sloppy compared to this thing)

right now i am thinking this thing is a keeper (would be hard pressed to find another table this quality at the price i stole this for) but i have learned to never say i will have it forever if i did sell i would list here first as usual

dave: yea shes a beast dont have to worry about isolation with this thing

joe

Not to change the subject but Joe are those stands made out of granite and thread all bolts, what did you use as spacers

yes the stand is granite a local shop had excess table tops they thought would sell, i went in and bought 8 at a reduced price had them drill the 4 corners, took 3/4" all thread to use as the legs , in between the shelves i cut 1.5" pvc in equal lengths painted it hammertone copper set it over the all thread, place next shelf on that, more pvc, next shelf and so on then a nut on top of the last shelf tighten up and we had a very heavy non-vibrating shelf, that is infinitely adjustable just cut a different size piece of pvc

Joe