Computer Wallpaper

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Here's an old radio from the collection which shows the result of careful tabletop lighting and background manipulation in Photoshop. Dirt or small creases in the background can be 'painted' out by making the entire background pure white using the paintbucket and rubber stamp tools.

I don't know how you do it, every time i have ever tried to use any of those things I make a bigger mess of the picture and end up not making the changes.

I do like the slight shadow in that picture.

Here's an old radio from the collection which shows the result of careful tabletop lighting and background manipulation in Photoshop. Dirt or small creases in the background can be 'painted' out by making the entire background pure white using the paintbucket and rubber stamp tools.

I don't know how you do it, every time i have ever tried to use any of those things I make a bigger mess of the picture and end up not making the changes.

I do like the slight shadow in that picture.

That's where using Layers in Photoshop and using SaveAs... is really handy. ALWAYS keep your original intact.

I only use the best lenses, never aftermarket or off-brand lenses, I don't care how good they are.That85mm 1.4 lens was about $1k.

I would love to try this Leica 50mm. It's a 0.95. Not exactly an aftermarket, but it is a bit pricey.

http://en.leica-camera.com/photography/m_system/lenses/5915.html

Michael - great shots and really great job on the lighting. That is what makes these images so great. Are you doing any photo jobs or have you totally given up on it?

I only use the best lenses, never aftermarket or off-brand lenses, I don't care how good they are.That85mm 1.4 lens was about $1k.

I would love to try this Leica 50mm. It's a 0.95. Not exactly an aftermarket, but it is a bit pricey.

http://en.leica-camera.com/photography/m_system/lenses/5915.html

Michael - great shots and really great job on the lighting. That is what makes these images so great. Are you doing any photo jobs or have you totally given up on it?

Thanks Bruce, man that .95 is a sick piece of glass! I have an older Nikkor 55 1.2 Nocturn, it's pretty close to that. Looks like an OWL looking at you!

As to photography, my specialty was weddings. Due to the proliferation of digital camera and acceptance by the public of less than professional level posing and lighting, it's pretty kaput. In my area there are about 10x the number of 'photographers' (and I'm being kind here), and the price of weddings has dropped to about 1/4 of what it was. Couples no longer want full service with beautiful albums and framed images of their celebration, 'just the disc will do'- then they hop off to Walgreens or wherever for what small number of prints they choose to have made. It's sad really.

So yeah, to your question, I've pretty much given up.

The Lowther is in Indy now, I think Amy posted pics of it and a LB on her blog a while back.

Here's the prettiest Voigt.

Iain, send me your mail addy and I'll pop a disc in the mail to you.

Love those Voigt horns. Those are very rare.

iain 42 @ gmail . com no spaces of course THANKS

I see dust in the bass bin of the Runt Scala Wink

lol [;)]

I dig the lighting on some of these shots....didn't know it was so "easy' [;)][:P]

I actually use a black background for my wallpaper....I don't see that changing anytime soon, but I'll probably save the pics anyway. What speaker is that corner of killer dark red wood from?

H 12 S/N 162, which would be before 1958! One of the world's first center channel speakers.

In that 2 1/2 day shoot, I lifted, moved, rotated, returned nearly every one of those speakers. And dusted most and oiled quite a few. Whew!

In that 2 1/2 day shoot, I lifted, moved, rotated, returned nearly every one of those speakers. And dusted most and oiled quite a few. Whew!

Awesome! The speaker gods thank you.

Did you rotate the big RCA Sheerer bass horn? :) Did you manage to hit the Lowther TPA? It looked so dry the last time I was there. I bet that would drank the oil.

DSC01668.jpg