Tonights AMERICAN IDOL

MechMan

I'd recommend starting in the middle. Unless you want to be subjected to a group sing-along and a Lil Rounds/Queen Latifa duet.

There were some great surprise performances. KISS on american idol? Queen, Santana, Rod Stewart singing Maggie Mae. Good stuff.

KISS on american idol?  Queen, Santana, Rod Stewart singing Maggie Mae.  Good stuff.

Sounds interesting, but I just can't bear it. Watching Simon massage his nipples, listen to Paula speaking jibberish, and the shameless Coke marketing... and that annoying Ryan Seacrest. Yuk, I'll go spin some records instead!

KISS on american idol? Queen, Santana, Rod Stewart singing Maggie Mae. Good stuff.

Sounds interesting, but I just can't bear it. Watching Simon massage his nipples, listen to Paula speaking jibberish, and the shameless Coke marketing... and that annoying Ryan Seacrest. Yuk, I'll go spin some records instead!

Exactly what I am doing - figure I'll listen to some artists that actually has some real, genuine talent. Better things to do than watch what is essentially a glorified karaoki contest. [+o(]

I really liked Santana. Overall, the show was very entertaining........to me. YMMV. I thought Adam should have sung with Queen instead of KISS however. Maybe I'm just type-casting. I do think America got it right on the winner also.

Just an observation of the process, at least from a distance. I never have watched an American Idol show all the way through. Didn't even watch when there was a home town boy in the finale. I was curious enough to watch some video of the two contenders.

My first impression was that Adam Lambert would win, outright. The guy has amazing talent and showmanship and a great voice. He is also ridiculously handsome looking like a young Elvis with eye make up. He could be out front for Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, you name it.

It was hard to imagine that sort of flash not winning out and being most popular when the competetion is a sincere clean cut kid like Kris Allen. Just watching a couple of vids I understood why Kris was the underdog.

I know there were over 100 million votes. Does AI publish the actual vote count?

Yeah, Adam should have won, no doubt about it. There was really no contest. The votes really might as well be a coin flip. If you call to vote, the lines are completely saturated, most of the time you get a busy signal. I think it's more a matter of how many people listen to the "thank you for voting" and how many just hang up once they get through.

Nothing against Kris, but I just don't think he'll amount to anything, whereas I'm pretty sure Adam will.

I really liked Santana. Overall, the
show was very entertaining........to me. YMMV. I thought Adam should
have sung with Queen instead of KISS however. Maybe I'm just
type-casting. I do think America got it right on the winner also.

Well, Adam DID sing Queen, both he and Kris did. As far as type-casting, what do you mean? Voice-wise, I think he is a good fit for either band. If you are talking about something else, maybe his lifestyle, I still think he's a good fit for either. [:D]

Not a fan of Adams, will not buy anything he comes out with, let alone DJ anything of his, will not support him. He's a screamer for sure, and was not a fan of his from the start. America got it right with who they went with as the winner. It seemed as if it was Adam vs everyone else, and since Adam didn't win, then everyone who voted for everyone else voted for the person who wasn't Adam.

Ok, I'll confess. I tuned past it for a bit.

Then the last female to be booted had the cojones to get onstage with a still classically-hot-voiced Cindy Lauper. Things were going great up until the end when Cin hit that high not and the other gal chimed in late and 'warbled' all over her. That was it. I clicked the clicker, never to return.

I'm sure Santana and Kiss were great- I just can't wade though all the other pablum to get to the good stuff. TWO HOURS OF THAT? Hey, I have like 400 LP's of REAL ARTISTS here to listen to. I don't need TV's 'made-up' artists-du-jour, thanks.

Michael

I watched pretty much the whole season. I just love to listen to the judges........especially Simon. That's the erntertainment value for me really. Last night I thought the show was great though with all the surprise artists. Kiss?????C'mon. Queen, Santana, a fantastic Rod Stewart really he was.

My take on Chris winning was this. The guy that went out a week earlier was much more like Chris than Adam. I'm just guessing that his voters then went for Chris instead of Adam. Pretty predictable actually. Adam is the front man screamer and Chris is the singer/ songwriter. Two different types of performers. But in my opinion they both won really. Adam will certainly not be disadvantaged because he came in second. Both got their jobs done. Their career opportunities are golden. More so because they are so different from one another.

well i wasn't watching until i checked THIS forum and read a post about Queen being on the show. So, i watched the last 45 minutes, in hopes that i could see them. Brian May sure didn't look like he was having fun though. I wonder if could have something to do with wannabes putting their arm around him while he's playing The Red Special??? In case someone doesn't know, he and his father made his guitar from spare parts found around the house. The wood comes from their fireplace, parts off his bike, the knob from his mother's knitting needle. In one of their concerts, freddie mercury is introducing the song, which started with a guitar solo. he says, "and now we will hear brian may playing the world's most famous fireplace."

I thought the finale was cool. Of course, they had a ton of bands on there that I like. The kids were wondering who some of them were...

I really did think Adam would win. I agree that Danny's voters simply mostly crossed over to Kris. I would bet that Adam has more longevity though.

Name the finalists who have staying power today:

David Cook, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson. The others, honestly, are almost hard to even remember mostly.

I liked them both, different styles of music obviously. Would buy both of their albums really.

What has not been said, and is rather obvious. There is a large portion of our country who would vote against Adam simply because of his, well, preferences. Cannot be denied. Period. But, alot of famous and well loved artists thru time have been, well, like minded. Sir Elton John, Queen, David Bowie (at least some of the times), some would say occasionally Rod Stewart.

And, I like most of them. Don't really mind what they do in their own private time. Not really my business actually.

So, there is my .02 worth of opinion. I look forward to what these guys do in the future, along with Danny.

Paul