Hi-Fi News (UK) July 2009 issue - Great PWK and Khorn article!

Amy

• Moderators

Unfortunately, we do not have the rights (yet) to post this article, but if anyone in the UK (or anywhere else they have distribution) can get a hold of Hi-Fi news, hitting newstands tomorrow, there is a great article in the Audio Milestones section about the Khorn. Check it out! [Y]

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know that "In the Noughties, the crossover was revoiced" : ) Awesome article but I gotta research the Noughties. It is great to see the Klipschorn get this kind of review.

"as long as the Klipschorn remains in production, high-end audio will survive"

Excellent read. I like the section on Dave Wilson. One of the few contemporary speakers that approached the Klipschorn in terms of dynamic range and "excitement" were in my experience, the Big WILSONs, Rockport Antares, MBL 101Es and big powered ATCs....The Big WILSONs come the closest. At least I now know about his inspiration.

I sat my wife in front of my recently acquired 77 Khorns over the weekend, driven by a 3.5W SET playing Stevie Ray Vaugh's Tin Pan Alley. Other than saying the speakers were big and weird, she was rendered speechless by the sound..... this is from a person brought up on BBC style monitors.

Of course, we've got to say something like, "I told you so...", or, "DUH!" Heh...

Iain, that may have been a bit of a typo. I think he meant "In the Naughties, the crossover was rejoiced." I think it's a randy reference to XXX flicks (Naughties) featuring transvestism (crossover) being openly quite popular. No idea how that relates to the Khorn though. Oh, those Brits!

Iain, that may have been a bit of a typo. I think he meant "In the Naughties, the crossover was rejoiced." I think it's a randy reference to XXX flicks (Naughties) featuring transvestism (crossover) being openly quite popular. No idea how that relates to the Khorn though. Oh, those Brits!

They just have to make everything dirty.

No I think he meant the first years of this millenium 2000..01..02 etc Nought...Zero.

No I think he meant the first years of this millenium 2000..01..02 etc Nought...Zero.

I should have picked up on that as I'm in double nought spy school.