new to forum

what do you think of my system?

good start as a klipsch fan

Reciever: Denon 4802R (7 channal) THXultra2

Power Amp: Harman Kardon Signature Series 2.1 2Ch 200x2@8 ohm 325x2@4 ohm for (rf-7s)

DVD: Sony for movies and music (digital) opt for movies AND ANALOG for music

Fronts: RF-7s

Center: RC-25

Surrounds: RS-25

Subwoofer: RSW-15

All monster cables Z series

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you've started out with a pretty good system, so it may take a few weeks here before you start to think about upgrading. [;)]

You mention using Z series cables. My one experience was with the Z1R Reference speaker cable. It looked nicely made, but it made the system sound so bad I didn't want to listen to it. I ordered different cables on the Net, but for the 2-3 weeks until the new speaker cables arrived, the Z1R cables sounded bad and didn't get any better.

As soon as the new cables arrived and I hooked them up, I returned the Z1Rs to the shop and got back to good sound. The new cables were 8 gauge twisted pair Karma Kables from Knukonceptz, but even generic 12 gauge would likely have been better than the Z1R speaker cable. Just my opinion, your experience may be different.

Welcome to the forum. I think your system is great. If I was going to change one thing it would be the center. Search hard for an RC-7 for a good price. You will not regret it. You already have top-fuel dragsters for the fronts without the 200w amp. Even it up a bit and get the RC-7. You will thank me(and others) later. Your sub is hard to top.

Bill

An RC-7 is definitely worth considering. It will match your RF-7's perfect.

Just remember before you get caught up in wanting to upgrade......you have some very nice stuff there......and treating your room, speaker/sub placement, toe-in and little stuff like that goes a long way.

Congrats and welcome. [:D]

Welcome to the Forum

The RC 25 might fall short, the RC 7 would definitely be the center speaker to choose for that set up.

I would also consider the RS 42 instead of the RS 25. The design of the new RS series is also an improvement over the old one.

ha ha funny u mention that because I remember going to the raiders game when they played the bengals and seen MR OHCO CINCO tear the raiders secondary up for like 200 yards, this was before he got to be big time, I think it was the first year he started , before i did not know who he was but after that game I sure did.

U R right I was thinking that to becuse when I do watch movies I have to lower the channal levels on the rf 7 s becuce I could not hear the dialog on the movies and also had to turn up the center level. the rf 7 s drowned the center out, keep in mind this is then its turned up extremelly loud, I relly never listen to music in 5 ch just in 2 ch so I dont notice it there, in PURE DIRECT mode which is a denon music mode which gives u the cleanest sound in music,its very neuteal which sound really good with those rf7s.

u r right placement does make a huge diffrence, for the rf 7s what I learned was the farther away they r from the wall works the best, it lets the woofers breath and u can hear a much deeper thomp in the bass area, as for the rsw 15 the closer to the wall the better. and tilting in the fronts as well to u more make them sound even better.