OT...Compact Pistols

kelA

Sorry DKP- I was acting out of boredom. I was just getting ready to chug a lug a half gallon of moonshine and go shoot up the nursey school when they put up one of those pesky gun free zone signs. Had to scrap that idea, I hate it when that happens.

I will work on the image thing. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am amused by the folks who think that they can "move"to get away from crime. One of my elderly neighbors moved here form Philly to be in a safer and warmer area. Couple of years ago he was pumping gas at the local station. he was approcahed by 2 young thugs one of which pulled out a knife and demanded his car, hus money and his credit cards. He complied. Afte they got his stuff they cut his face with the knife, broke his eyesocket and several other bones in his face. After they got him on the ground, they kicked his chest in breaking a number of ribs nearly killing him. He spent several weeks in the hospital and now suffers from blurred vision, has trouble walking, and is afraid to leave his house. This happened in an area where the homes range form 750 k to several million. Welcome to Charlotte- baby. Being prepared does not equal paranoia or going about the daily routine in "fear'. Quite the opposite. I would serioulsy doubt than anybody on this board is looking for a free pass to shoot someone as part of a 'Macho fantasy". I find that idea very offensive. If the antis dont like guns- fine- DON'T BUY ONE . Nobody is forcing you to do so. But don't try to drag me into your fantasy world of believing that society is safe and that the government and the police will protect you. The 2nd amendment is there for a reason.

Sounds like Las Vegas and southern California. You cannot price yourself out of it. You actually become a target by living in an upscale neighborhood, driving a nice car, etc.

Finally the criminals are getting smart.

Who was it that said when asked why he robbed banks, "Because that's where the money is."

Bank Robber Willie Sutton said that...

Bill

We just got back from shooting. We are taking the full course from the gun shop. We started with 22 rounds that are for target practice. No recoil to speak of and pretty quiet (we used earmuffs). Going from that to a 38 and 9mm is a big step up from the 22. Way more than I realized. The 22 almost does not feel as serious as this really is. The bigger guns just remind you that this is extremely dangeruous (not that we do not take it seriously, we really do). Lots of noise, much bigger holes and recoil. The Taurus revolver is nicer than I thought. She did not like the Sig, too hard to pull the trigger. She really liked the Glock subcompact 9 mm. I liked all of them, surprised at how much I liked the Taurus 38 revolver.

Our groupings are decent but we really need a lot of practice. Anyway, I hope to never have to use one for self defense but I have to say, we had a lot of fun shooting. I am surprised at how much we liked it. At the end we wanted to try out our shotgun. The 4" holes in the target were someting to see. The little woman did fine with it (it was actually her idea to get a of this - if she only liked stereo equipment).

Flipping back to the 'other' debate, I recently had a pro gun/ anti gun discussion w/ my nephew. He's in the camp that believes we should only be allowed to own shotguns and no one should have the right to own a full auto. I tried explaining to him that in order to own a full auto, you need the proper stamps, a DEEP background check and a LOT of money due to the 1986 law. No one is going to rob the local Piggly Wiggly with a gun that cost them $20,000 to buy. I also tried to convince him that a person armed w/ a shotgun loaded w/ buckshot could wreak tens times more havok in close quaters than one praying and spraying. I still don't think he gets it.

All in all I ended my arguement with some facts. I find people of certain mind sets don't like facts, but here they are anyway.

This is the pre and post statistics after Florida passed the concealed carry law.

http://www.kc3.com/CCDW_Stats/fla_model.htm

This is an international study.

http://law.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=7212&context=expres

The fact, and truth of the matter is we are safer with guns than without.

However there is such a thing as too much gun to handle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxEUlh6rytI&NR=1

Thank God Patrick Henry was a radical....

Those should be out lawed.

Soon our youth will be intoxicated with the excitement that a full auto brings. I forsee riots and rubber bands littering the streets in protest and want of the real thing. Face it, these leggos are just a gateway gun that will be corrupting the young.[8-)]