JubScalas who has them to ask questions

rmlowz

I Googled Dx38 for a week or so and found a used one in good condition in a Guitar Center in California for $699. I downloaded and printed out the 88-page manual and had it spiral-bound with plastic covers at a copy shop (while you wait) for $6 and I was good to go.

You can program the Dx from your computer, or you can just punch in the settings one by one, it's pretty easy either way.

The biggest nuisance was getting the RCA-to-XLR cables from the receiver to the Dx connected right (#2 pin hot), but the unit works just great and the adjustable delay is the frosting on the cake.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can program the Dx from your computer, or you can just punch in the settings one by one, it's pretty easy either way.

Directed to Rich:

Not arm twisting (seriously). Just making comment so you know all the facts.

I know that the datafile you (anyone) would need for the Dx can be sent via email. I know that I have them buried somewhere as well as someone else probably having them. [;)]

Point being... the 'easy button' if you ever nab a Dx is to let it be known and the paramaters can be emailed to you and you can simply upload them to your processor. Just need to hook your Dx to your PC and already have the RACE software downloaded (it's free)

Personally, I think the idea of programming it is a good idea so you can be comfrotable with that (it's not hard). What it can be though is annoying with all the back/forth of the direction arrow you have to do to get into the right paramater.

Several have the RACE file (I think it's a .txt) as well as a PDF of the paramaters so you can have it in hard copy. I'm not sure if the paramaters for the Xti amps can be emailed. I've never used one of those.

• Moderators

Well Coytee your just full of...................good news....I think I will ask DrWho to make sure the settings are still in there that JWC put in, before he sends it back to me, just to make it dummy proof well almost.

Lobing/comb filtering animation, or why centre speakers shouldn't have two woofers. That's supposed to be animated, but it's still on here for some reason. Okay, that's not animated, but I have seen an animation of this somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

post-23736-13819476003308_thumb.png

• Moderators

You could have borrowed my 402/69's to see what you thought. Mine are sitting in garage, I haven't had time to deal with them yet. Guess I need to get going on that. What part of Austin are you in? What cross-over are you going to use?

I have the settings for DX-38.

Travis

Now we're using 450hz so you would still have a hole from 400 to 450 if my thinking is right??

Trust me, it'll work -- with no hole.

I agree with Dean here.Roy once told me that the Khorn could easily be equalized to do a clean 500 Hz. Besides, you have to equalize the heck out of the 402/K69 to make it flat, which is true of all 2-way,Constant Directivity, Horns that use large format drivers. Also, the Jubillee bin is EQ'd since there is so much efficiency, you can torque about plus of minus 12 db of PEQ most anywhere and not cause any real power issues since you will be listening to less than 1 Watt most of the time.

At 85 db in my chair (13 ft. away) I read less than 1W PEAKS on my MWMs woofers (that need about 4x the power of the treble section), which are PEQ'd also. These are about the same efficiency as a LaScala or Khorn (big LaScala, really).

Yours should be a sweet setup when it's done, much better than the stock Khorn top. I will be using a Khorn bottom end to replace my MWMs soon, since it's an 8-foot horn vs. a 6-foot horn (MWM), it digs lower. I'm using a huge midbass horn from 200-1Khz. for greater clarity on most intruments, but it's hard to beat a Khorn for the bottom end if you don't need to get to 800 Hz. Time tested solution that is still valid even thought the Jubilee bin is a bit better.

Claude

Hello ,

Quote : What part of Austin are you in? Beautiful north Austin. I will P.M with info. Claude please let me know if the Khorns work out and you have the program for them. I have always liked the 2008 khorns bass over the 2007 LaScalas.

Thanks for the input. I will be shopping for a DX 38 LOL

Rich

WATCH OUT RICH... it's a TRAP!

You know how those Jubilee guys stick together, slowly sucking an unsuspecting person into the morass of their traps... it's all a ploy to get you to spend princely sums of money on speaker hardware that will do nothing but bring even bigger smiles to your face.

Flee whilest you can

[au]...................................................................................................................................[ip]

Hello,

Quote:

I have a brand new DX 38 in the box, never been opened, that has never been opened that you are welcome to borrow until you find yours.

Travis

Travis that is a very generous offer. I appreciate it but I do not like to borrow peoples equipment. I should have the 402-69s this week or next. My amps will be here Wednesday. The DX38 will be the next upgrade so I can try other amps. Although I have heard great feedback form forum members that really like the Crown XTis

Thanks again,

Rich

Rich

Looking forward to you visit Travis, I will be in contact when I get them up and running. Also other forum members that live in the area are welcome as well.

This time of year is when I stay inside and listen to a lot of audio. These 101 degree days get old fast here in Central Texas.

Rich

• 1 year later...