Jube Scalas Project A Big Success Thank You Forum Friends

rmlowz

Did you get the forth picture of the right rear corner of the room with the Klipsch license plate in the background?

I think that might have been the first picture I put up? Some oaf (me of course) got them out of order.

I would love your opinions on how these sound compared to your LaScala II's and even your Khorns to the degree you can give a side by side commentary about them.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Looks good that screen makes the 402's look not so big, serious setup you have going there, congratulations.

After you get everything adjusted for 2 ch a little of the subs, just to fill below where the LaScalas drop off may work, might be worth trying ?

Looks Killer ! [H]

That's a big one (where have I heard that before?). Anyway, that Jub horn does make the LaScala look dinky. Any pics with a person standing next to the speaker so we can judge scale? I know how big LaScalas are I just can't put it together, the LaScalas under the big horn make the LaScalas look like Heresys!

Thanx, Russ

Any pics with a person standing next to the speaker so we can judge scale? I know how big LaScalas are I just can't put it together

I don't have any pictures of it, maybe someday I can make one. I know if you look at absolute dimensions (using the outer flanges on the K402) the K402 is actually taller and wider than a LaScala. It's much like putting a LaScala sized tweeter on top of a LaScala but flipping it sideways.

Perhaps if we get Amy to come here and model for us, we can get the picture..... [6]

Hello forum friends,

I just measured form the floor to the top of the horn it is 71 1/2 inches tall. I am curious dtel on how your DIY bass bin will work let me know that could be a winter project for me. Although the LaScala bass bin has a lot more bass than I was expecting. I have been working on the room installing a Furman Elite 15 PFi power- surge conditioner and the Denon AVR 4310. It does not look like I will finish tonight getting the room back up and running maybe tomorrow night.Tonight is my turn to water the landscape to keep everything alive in our water rationing summer here in Austin. I will be busy moving the sprinkler LOL. I spent the part of the morning listening to some old CDs. This reminds me when I went from the Klipsch THX system to the three La Scalas up front. Hugh new listing experience compared to the Khorns.

Rich

Hello forum Friends,

I have the room all back up as of late last night. I have been enjoying all my old favorite Cd's today. I can not believe how good they sound, just when I thought the Khorn was the best speaker on the planet. I would rate the JubeScalas in my opinion as the star rating goes 4 to 5 stars higher in sound quality compared to my Khorns. They sound that good. I am going to implement the new wide channel for the heck of it. It is supposed to be better than 7.1. I have never really thought that much of 7.1. I will use a pair of AW-525 in black on the side walls. If they sound good I might build some pedestals for the Heresey IIIs

Rich

Thanks for sharing the story and pictures with us Rich. It looks great! I really didn't think anything could make the La Scala's look small, but they look tiny with those beautiful horns on top. Over 7' tall is just unbeleavable, WOW!!!

Ok, I better go before I catch that bug that is going around. [;)]

Dennie

Wow that's huge nice looking set up, is there a post explaining all that went on for the transformation. As far as crossovers, keeping the mid and tweeters in place or removing them. Also how tall is your room and did this have any effect in the sound. I was thinking when I someday build a theater if I had a pair of Khorns on a stage like that would raise them a foot or two, moving them closer to the celling if it would have an effect on the sound. Man that is awesome what you have going on there somebody would think you were trying to go deaf.

duder

• Moderators

I am curious dtel on how your DIY bass bin will work let me know that could be a winter project for me

I just went and measured, 5' to the top of the 402, but they are W I D E 5' 8" and 44 1/2 " deep !

I just happen to be reading this because UPS comes tomorrow with the XLR wires and DrWho sent me the Dx38 yesterday and the 2 Crown D-75 amps got here last week off of Ebay, I got a great deal on them $225 for both amps. [Y]

Tomorrow will be the first time I get to hear them if all goes well, I can't wait ! [:D]

Rich, now I can understand why you never followed up with me on the audition at my place, you lucky dog. If I had 402's I dont think I could be pryed out of the house for at least a couple of week's.[;)] When things get settled in at your place I would love to hear your Jubscallas. I will give you a call.

So glad to hear your wife is feeling better, mine is dealing with health issues as wel.

Latter, Cornman

Hi from an AVS friend Rich!

I have two questions on your fantastic setup, if you don't mind.

1- What is the center speaker? I see a La Scala II top on a table with wheels and what looks like two La Scala II bass bins behind the screen?

2- Having gone from La Scala to Klipschorns myself, i would have thought that the K402 would sound better using the Klipshorn bass bins (which you also have) than with the La Scala II bass bins. Have you tried that? Is my thinking wrong on that?

Thanks! Awesome system! Puts mine to shame, and I love mine!!!

Hello psg,

Good to here from you ! Thanks for the compliment you have a very nice system also. For the LaScala II to fit under the screen. I took the top off and put it on a metro shelf. The LaScala II bass bin is setting right behind it. There is a 8 foot x 4 foot alcove behind the screen so the bass bin is about 1/3 of the way in.. There is only one LaScala II bass bin for the center. You can not use the Khorn bass bin I was advised against this because of too big of a hole in the frequencies.

Thanks,

Rich

You can not use the Khorn bass bin I was advised against this because of too big of a hole in the frequencies.

Ok. I am surprised since the old incarnations used the same crossover (in the days of the AA) and thus the same bass bin cut-off, and current incarnations have the bass bin going higer on the Klipschorn (450 Hz) than the La Scala II (400 Hz). How high do you crossover to the K402?