I take back everything I ever said bad about BB

• Moderators

Moreover, I think a good used set (where people are dumping good used stuff to get these high-end ones) is even a better return. But I've not ever bought used, yet.

We have years ago, there was a place about a mile from our house that was run buy an old man and when the washer broke she asked if he wanted the old machine for parts which he did but ended up selling her a machine for like $150, it lasted for years ! Could have bought 15 for what the new one cost. [:#]

We bought the Sears HE pair about 5 years ago and love them. The best feature for me is how quite they are as the laundry room is off the basement where my systems are. Close the door and zero sound. I think we paid about $1500 at the Sears Outlet with a minor cosmetic flaw. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Cleans, dries and I believe saves money on detergent, don't know about the water nad electricity.

Kel is correct about the washer. Sometimes there are excessive moisture issues after washing. My old maytag is a 16 yr old relic and is next on the list. Has issues. These things do need to be purchased in matching technologies. The darn thing works like a champ and produces dry clothes without wrinkles and is dead quiet. Downside- lots of lights- LEDs and video gamelike switches to break. The thing even has an optional remote available!!!!!!!!!! Would I pay the going rate- NEVER.

USNRET- After what you paid for those Belles I can't believe you said that. Shame on you. Tell you what- Go give the poor CL guy an extra 700 for the Belles you stole and I will go to BB and give them the difference- LOL- JK- I gave them 2 chances to check the figures and they were too lazy and frankly didn't give a rats @ss as long as I paid what was in the computer. Went back today to look for a washer and figured out what happened. They had put the dryer in the wrong slot on the floor. the cheapest switched with the most expensive. It is still like that(now in a bad way). Good luck selling any more dryers from that row. They ain't got a clue.

The Tubemagic is still awaiting repair ($$$ issues because of stuff like in this thread). I am buying something else like VRDs or Carys- Then I may have the Tubemagics modded/repaired.Got something in mind. Miss my tubes but this darn old Mac 2105 is absoultely killer. Amazing for SS.

rate- NEVER.

USNRET- After what you paid for those Belles I can't believe you said that. Shame on you. Tell you what- Go give the poor CL guy an extra 700 for the Belles you stole

Jeese Chris, I'm lost. Do you mean the $400 pair or the $800 pair or the $900 new one?

Jeff - Sorry but you're just dead wrong on this one pal. You need to be a smart shopper. My pair was purchased in DE with no sales tax and cost just over a grand. Water is expensive where I live. My clothes are cleaner and I use less dryer time, making up for the excess electricity from the jet engine in the washer.

Also, it's so quiet, it doesn't interupt my critical listening sessions. Now that's priceless!

Jeff - Sorry but you're just dead wrong on this one pal. You need to be a smart shopper. My pair was purchased in DE with no sales tax and cost just over a grand. Water is expensive where I live. My clothes are cleaner and I use less dryer time, making up for the excess electricity from the jet engine in the washer.

Also, it's so quiet, it doesn't interupt my critical listening sessions. Now that's priceless!

Sounds like where I live, water is cheaper, and where you live, washers and dryers are cheaper. The washer I linked to was $1199 at BB. That's just the washer.

Moreover, I think a good used set (where people are dumping good used stuff to get these high-end ones) is even a better return. But I've not ever bought used, yet.

Jeff,

I bought a used washer and dryer when I was 22 years old. A top of the line Landy Kenmore set. Paid $400 for the set (Retail was $1200). The transmission went out in the washer one month later and cost me $100 to fix. I though that I made a mistake. I am now 40 years old (18 years later) and the same set is still going strong without ever needing another repair. I'd say it was worth it.

Jeff,

I bought a used washer and dryer when I was 22 years old. A top of the line Landy Kenmore set. Paid $400 for the set (Retail was $1200). The transmission went out in the washer one month later and cost me $100 to fix. I though that I made a mistake. I am now 40 years old (18 years later) and the same set is still going strong without ever needing another repair. I'd say it was worth it.

Hey, Chris. How's the legal world?

Jeff,

Depressing. No real estate deals in a long time. Doing work that I would rather not do.

Jeff,

Depressing. No real estate deals in a long time. Doing work that I would rather not do.

Hang tight and just remind yourself, "It builds character." [;)]

Good days are ahead.