Sims BBQ (in Little Rock) for lunch on Thursday.

Daddy Dee

http://simsbarbeque-ar.com/

Anyone who would like to share some world class BBQ with fellow Klipsch admirers is welcome to gather at Sims. We'll be meeting at their new location at 2415 Broadway in Little Rock. This is at the intersection of Broadway and Roosevelt Road.

Iain Moore is the instigator. So far we know that Tony Reed and I will be there.

If it works for you, let us know so we can save a place at the table for you.

Iain has been to the new location, moved up from the old 33rd St. place and reports that there is a substantially larger dining room. Nice.

Don't worry, it's still in the hood.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian took Trey and I there in April when we went down to Hope, those ribs are to DIE for. I can't even bring myself to order ribs up north now that I've tasted how good they can truly be. We got there in the evening, the place was slow and they were JUST taking a fresh rack off the smoker- WOW!

But I never figured out why they bring you like 1/3 of a loaf of white bread to eat with it? What's wit dat?

Michael,

Glad to know you've been to Sims. I'm still looking for a place that does ribs better, but haven't found it.

I think the ribs and white bread more of a tradition in the African-American community. I know one guy judges a new BBQ joint by just ordering a "rib sandwich" and that's what you get. Ribs and white bread on the side.

Kaiser,

See you Thursday!

Ian took Trey and I there in April when we went down to Hope, those ribs are to DIE for. I can't even bring myself to order ribs up north now that I've tasted how good they can truly be. We got there in the evening, the place was slow and they were JUST taking a fresh rack off the smoker- WOW!

But I never figured out why they bring you like 1/3 of a loaf of white bread to eat with it? What's wit dat?

A friend from NYC said the same thing. We were lucky that day because the waitress had a big smile then anounced the ribs had just come from the smoker... Oh happy day. Their ribs are usually great but that took them up a notch or two.

Dreamland BBQ in Tuscaloosa, AL served only Ribs and white bread for about 50yrs. Now they will throw you some beans or potato salad in the mix. They have a sign hanging on the wall "NO FARTING". Kinda gives you an idea of the place. [:D]

Kevin,

Glad that works for you.

Thebes,

Your chicken looks really good.

heh, yeh. Alabama BBQ is good. Went in one place that had T-shirts that said: Best Butt in Alabama.

couldn't imagine that I'd wear one, though. no farting, indeed.

Daddy Dee,

I would like to meet you and some forum members however I doubt I can make it Thursday. I know Sims is the best around Little Rock. Please let me know when you plan the next feeding. I have yet to go to the Sims on Roosevelt Road. I guess if you are man enough to eat at Does in Little Rock you can handle Roosevelt Road.

Buddy

Buddy,

Heh, yeh. I've been to Doe's in Fayetteville, but not LR. I hear where you are coming from.

Would love for you to be there, Thurs, but you can sure take a rain check. We'll be doing it again.

Sort of turning into a ritual.

When Seti shows up the waitress asks him if he'll have the usual.

Buddy,

Heh, yeh. I've been to Doe's in Fayetteville, but not LR. I hear where you are coming from.

Would love for you to be there, Thurs, but you can sure take a rain check. We'll be doing it again.

Sort of turning into a ritual.

Daddy Dee,

I would like to add to my comment. Just because you are man enough to eat at Does in Little Rock does not mean you are man enough to eat at Does in Greenville, MS. However the food is good at both locations, especially if you like thick steaks and hot tomales.

She is kinda sweet on me. I'm trying to work my way into the Sim's family. Don't tell my gf. [:P] Gotta get the secret rib recipe : ) Actually the guys in the kitchen are more than happy to chat about BBQ philisophy and techniques if they aren't busy.

Dee, I was riding around Downtown NLR the other day and found Lyndsey's BBQ!! It isn't dine in but take out only. I'll let ya know how it turns out.