Hurricane season is fast approaching

Dflip

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg...if you get down to Miami and are looking for a good meal and some good atmosphere, go to Smith and Wollensky...best steakhouse I have ever been to and right on the port...if you hit it up and Fridays you can see all the cruise lines leaving port...pretty cool from about 100 feet off the patio. Good food, a bit pricey (but you are in Miami) and pretty casual too...I have been there in jeans and a t-shirt and no one looks at you like you are stupid and they make good stiff drinks :P

• 2 weeks later...

Well Henri fizzled, but folks in the Gulf really should watch this system as it could very well turn back into a tropical storm. Regardless of what the NWS says, it's happened before. Case in point was that the NHC said it would not likely develop at all, and "voila".... it did so on Sunday faster than a New York minute...

storm_10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

So November 7th, and IDA is roaming around, whats up with that?

I thought it was over [:|] now were under a Hurricane watch, with 50 mph winds tomorrow. Although 50 mph is not bad at all compared to 140 sustained a few years ago. Watch the freaking roof blow off at 50, I will be bent out of shape ! [8o|]

• Moderators

So DTEL....

Did you think the Mother of all Mothers (Nature) would cut you any slack?

All of the South Mississippi Katrina survivors that I know are still struggling.

Sending happy thoughts your way!

Sure she will, we have been very lucky, many were not as lucky as we were.

How have you been doing, it's nice to see you around, I have to go tell Christy.