Decided on a new TV! **Arrived today - pic attached

wuzzzer

Finally! Man, I thought I knew exactly what I wanted but after doing a lot of research I am buying a 65" Mitsubishi DLP from Vanns.com. 90% of the people on AVSForum said that getting an extended warranty is a good idea for TVs of this type so I picked up a 3 year extension. Total price $1474.96 ($1299.99 for the TV, $174.99 for the warranty).

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/details/458041989/mitsubishi-wd65c9

Can't wait!!

I'll be delivering my JVC to a co-worker tonight and helping them install it. Sold it for $800. He's happy because he was planning on spending up to $2500 for a new TV.

Total price $1474.96 ($1299.99 for the TV, $174.99 for the warranty).

Great buy Wuzzzer. Bigger, newer, 120hz and I am sure less than you paid for your JVC. I got my 57" Mitsu. 2.5 years ago and paid $1609.00 plus warranty and I thought I got a good deal. When it is delivered, pull it out of the box and take a few pictures before you sign and let the UPS/Fed Ex guy leave. Vann's has great customer service so you won't have any problems. $800.00 for a 2 year old RPTV, great sell for you. Enjoy.

Bill

Great buy Wuzzzer. Bigger, newer, 120hz and I am sure less than you paid for your JVC. I got my 57" Mitsu. 2.5 years ago and paid $1609.00 plus warranty and I thought I got a good deal. When it is delivered, pull it out of the box and take a few pictures before you sign and let the UPS/Fed Ex guy leave. Vann's has great customer service so you won't have any problems. $800.00 for a 2 year old RPTV, great sell for you. Enjoy.

I found the original receipt for the JVC - paid $1749.99 plus tax. Best Buy threw in the matching stand for free which was supposed to be worth over $200. I'm keeping the stand to put the Mitsubishi on.

Someone on the AVSForum said I should ask between $600-800 for the JVC. I guess I did well getting $800 for it then.

JB,

check out Wal Mart. They honestly have been running some Huge specials on their TV's. They are competing with B/B (who is price matching / beating the prices).

Good time to buy with the introduction of the LED series TV's.............(which are way to expensive now).

I really love my 46" Samsung LCD TV.........................

Boils down to price and what specs your willing to live with or with out.......................

I saw that on Vanns site............

Curb side delivery . It is a Union thing, where they are Not Authorized to do anything except take it from the truck to the ground.

I had a Wood burning Stove delivered that way. Had to Muscle a 600 pound monster up steps and into the house.

(PS- I was not knocking Unions!).

Wuzzer -

I'm assuming on that TV that it's not being delivered via UPS or Fedex correct? I saw on Vaans that it's curbside delivery only. Does this mean you don't get a chance to inspect it first? I'd look into that.
Regards!

FedEx Freight is who they use. And, its coming tomorrow! Awesome thing is its my day off tomorrow!!

Here's what Vanns says about inspection:

"The Shipping Company may contact you, as you must be present to sign
for your television when it arrives. At that time, please check the
box and the TV carefully for any obvious sign of damage. If the
television is damaged, refuse the shipment and call Vanns.com at 1-800-769-5668. Also, please write on the delivery receipt the reason for refusal.

If
only the box appears to be damaged please remember that we guarantee
the condition of the item not the box. If you accept delivery,
please note any damage on the delivery receipt. If
you refused the shipment and there is nothing wrong with the television
you will be charged the return shipping charges. If you accept the
delivery, open your box and allow the television to warm up to room
temperature before you plug it into a power source. (usually 4
hours). After you have plugged the TV in, make sure everything is in
good working order. Any claims for concealed damage (not seen
before accepting delivery) must be made with Vann?s within 48 hours of
receipt."

Thing that sucks is its supposed to rain all day tomorrow - so that means I'm supposed to open up the box outside in the rain and check for anything wrong. Some on AVSForum suggested I take pictures of the box and the TV while the FedEx driver is there. I can't see the driver being too fond of waiting around for that.

I just hope there aren't any issues with delivery, etc. My best friend had a Sony 52" delievered to him through either UPS or FedEX directly from Sony and he didn't have any issues. Hopefully all goes well with mine too.

I don't know your answer. I once bought a plasma from Tigerdirect that shipped ABF Freight. Driver waited long enough for me to unbox & see no visible signs of damage. I decided to hell with it & signed delivery receipt. No problems; perhaps I got lucky?

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Posted Image

I told the driver I was supposed to open the box and inspect it for damage. He agreed that that was a good idea and helped me carry it into the house. Everything looked a-ok. I just set it on my TV stand and haven't turned it on yet. Hopefully no surprises there!

Well, no issues at turn-on or setup. Whew! The picture is unbelievable! Its only 9" larger than our old TV and I thought there wouldn't be a very noticeable size difference but its very obvious that its a larger set.

I can't wait to get some animated movies on Blu-Ray from NetFlix to see what this thing can do. Watched a few minutes of Transformers on Blu-Ray and was very impressed. Unfortunately there are dozens and dozens of settings to tweak and adjust so it may take a while to get everything dialed in. I have an Avia setup disc that I'll use in a few days. I've read that its recommended to have at least 100 hours on the bulb before doing any serious picture adjustments.