People are asking me...

How about a run-what-ya-brung Klipsch shootout? It wouldn't be the easiest task logistically, but if a dozen would-be Pilgrims showed up with some set-ups, DIY or otherwise, it could be a very good time. The layout could be similar to a high-end audio show, with different systems in different locations, minus the snooty attitude and $5000 interconnects.

I wouldn't have anything worthy to bring, but hearing some of the awesome DIY subs and Jube-Corn-Scala what-have-yous we have floating around here would be amazing.

Just an idea.

That could be fun and I've had a setup for that in the past. My Colter Comparator (Niles box with 6 volume padded stereo controls)still has it's wiring harness so we could A/B/C/D/E/F through a single set of input components. I've finally got a nice setup with Ah! CD player and MMF5 turntable so that should suffice. Have Khorns and Jubilees here and could hook up anything else.

The shop is also available and acoustically pretty good (I put in insulation but no drywall), so we could run amps and such out there.

Good idea!

That could be fun and I've had a setup for that in the past. My Colter Comparator (Niles box with 6 volume padded stereo controls)still has it's wiring harness so we could A/B/C/D/E/F through a single set of input components. I've finally got a nice setup with Ah! CD player and MMF5 turntable so that should suffice. Have Khorns and Jubilees here and could hook up anything else.

The shop is also available and acoustically pretty good (I put in insulation but no drywall), so we could run amps and such out there.

Good idea!

Mike,

So glad that you like the AH! CDP. Thrust some NOS Siemens Cca's into the little girl. She just loves them, and so will you!

tc

Cca = superpremium version of the 6922/7308 family of tubes.

Terry is correct, especially if the Seimens cca is the 1950's D getter version. Although I must say that the Seimens early version 7308 is a phenomenal tube too....the early 60's versions with the codes on the glass are as good as any of the non-D getter cca Seimens tubes. Early Seimens cca and 7308 are definitely top-five in thier type.

Terry is correct, especially if the Seimens cca is the 1950's D getter version. Although I must say that the Seimens early version 7308 is a phenomenal tube too....the early 60's versions with the codes on the glass are as good as any of the non-D getter cca Seimens tubes. Early Seimens cca and 7308 are definitely top-five in thier type.

I never thought them worth the $$$ until I got them. Running the AH! and a tube preamp in front of two SS power amps, my tube maintenance expense (rationalization[;)]) is minimal. Wow! They are worth every penny. Will try them in the Peach ll when the time is right.

tc

Looks like Amy has announced an official Klipsch Pilgrimage.

I certainly won't host a competing event but there will be plenty of off-campus fun here to amuse you guys in the off hours. We'll spend more time in the shop, perhaps a bonfire, some guys have mentioned more A/B comparisons.

Michael

I never thought them worth the $$$ until I got them. Running the AH! and a tube preamp in front of two SS power amps, my tube maintenance expense (rationalizationWink) is minimal. Wow! They are worth every penny. Will try them in the Peach ll when the time is right.

tc

So Terry, are you now experiencing more volume with your Seimens? [Y]

I never thought them worth the $$$ until I got them. Running the AH! and a tube preamp in front of two SS power amps, my tube maintenance expense (rationalizationWink) is minimal. Wow! They are worth every penny. Will try them in the Peach ll when the time is right.

tc

So Terry, are you now experiencing more volume with your Seimens? Yes

Don't know. I'll have to ask momma.[}]

tc

So Terry, are you now experiencing more volume with your Seimens? Yes

Don't know. I'll have to ask momma.Right Hug

[+o(] [+o(] [+o(] [+o(] [+o(] [+o(]

• 4 weeks later...