My son is famous (not really, but fun)

ace168516

Ya, that works for me haha. The pic is not even that great...I got better ones than that, and she had to take about 50 of him. Regardless, she was taking pictures of lots of kids and adults and very attractive college girls eating corn and they picked Patrick, so I can't stop smiling haha.

I am indeed proud and thanks...I will post this one as well, as it was my favorite of the day. This was right before the newspaper started their shoot...I was actually hamming him all up and getting him all happy at this point, because I saw the photographer working her way in my direction and I knew if he was happy and in a good mood, she would notice. The corn is the best corn I have ever eaten...several visiting family members have also thought so...it is picked by a local farmer the day of the festival...about 70 tons this weekend so far and cooked in an antique steam locomotive.

post-36287-13819498888632_thumb.jpg

I wish I could get crawdads in my back yard haha, I have to deal with corn...it is good, but I am jealous of the ingredients most people on here can get...you get them mud bugs nice and fresh...tarheel and winchester get the soft shell crabs, greg and brac get lobster...I get corn...but then again that is why we have a sweet corn and blues festival haha.

very cool ace--make sure you keep some copies of that for him.

i do have one question: seems to me that you have a fine young man there, so naturally he's not reaching for the corn; but, begging for you to take the bears jersey off of him.right? Like I said, he's a fine young man--get him wearing silver & black.

Thanks for all the compliments...it was a busy weekend...2 days of eating corn and walking all day wears you out. BigStewMan...I am under the assumption that you are telling me he should be a Raiders fan...I will be honest...he is already a Cubs fan, so we have enough problems on that front...we will gladly maintain our status as loyal Bears fans haha.

Thanks for all the compliments...it was a busy weekend...2 days of eating corn and walking all day wears you out. BigStewMan...I am under the assumption that you are telling me he should be a Raiders fan...I will be honest...he is already a Cubs fan, so we have enough problems on that front...we will gladly maintain our status as loyal Bears fans haha.

I tell people that everyone is a Raider fan--some are just in denial. Not that it's easy being a fan these days; but, I was born in the shadow of the collesium so for me it was destiny.