So my wife found a guy in our garage today

wuzzzer

Its good your wife kept her witts and made the call. I'm glad no harm came to your family. But as far as homeless people goes, some don't want a home . They are happy living from hobo camp to camp. I've have known a few in my time. I've offered them a warm shower and better clothes. They turn down the shower, take the clothes and I never seen them wear them. In the winter time if all the shelters are full, before they freeze to death they would throw a brick threw a store window just to go to jail. Three squares and a bed and was out come spring time. Right or wrong? Who's to say.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dispatcher: 911! What's your emergency?

Caller: There is a guy in my garage! Looks like he is passed out on the floor!

Dispather: Is he dead?

Caller: Hold on a second. (background: <bang!> <bang!> <bang!>) Yup, he is now!

Yeah, I know that is sick, but still..

Anyway, I have to agree with the general sentiment that the wife did exactly the correct thing. Just call the police and let them handle it. Yeah, I also agree that dog deserves a nice big fat juicy steak.

As for the homless, it is a indeed a problem, but at the same time, I also agree with this last post that some just want to remain homeless. I encouter a bunch of them under the Rt 1 bridge along the river whenever I hike up through there. Seems that I see the some of the same ones year after year. Many of those guys can easily get a job that pays decent enough to at least get a cheap room around here, and in fact, some do. Never seems to surprise me that these guys somehow manage to find money to buy all that beer and all those cigarettes that they go through down there. Seen the cops go through there on occasion and run them out, but they only come back.

Wuzzer, I'll make a reservation if ya have room for me and my family. And you'll be welcome here in the Ozarks. Skonopa, please don't judge the homeless. Alot of them are Vets who made it possible for You and me to have a roof over our family head. With all due respect, I'll stop there.

Many years ago a guy in my neighrhood was out plastered one night and crawled into the back seat of his friend's car that was unlocked to sleep it off. The next morning my brother comes out to go to work and the guy crawled into the wrong car. Brother got half way to work before he found him back there. Brother doing more than his fair share of alcohol consumption over the years felt sorry for him and just let him out of the car without a hassle.