Want to see me flat spin?

j-malotky

This is one of my model RC airplanes. It is a 1/4 scale YAK 54. The model has about a 7 foot wing span. I've been flying model airplanes since 1986 so I have a lot of experiance in my head.

As for flying real airplanes..... If my plans work out, I will be buying a real YAK 52 next spring. That model is a Russian military trainer. Do a google search and you will quicky see why I have been working so hard at getting one.

JM

Good recovery, Mav! Wink

Can you do this?

That video was a fake. If I remember right this wing falling off stuff started a few years back when Bill Hemple lost a wing at an RC flying event. He flew it in knife edge and landed it amazing the crowd. Ever since people have been copying it. I even know guys who have there PC flight simulatos set up to loose a wing so they can practice landing with one wing.

JM

I thought you flew RC I didn't know you really flew ? I think I would wet my pants if I were in that plane. Embarrassed

If you could fit in that plane, you could borrow a pair of dry pants from Ken or GI Joe. TravelPerson

Nice stunt JM - both times.

one of my tours in the coast guard, our office tested merchant mariners and gave them their licenses or endorsements on their licenses. we had a scaled down version of a lifeboat that they would use to get their lifeboat endorsement. i walked past it one day and this guy was staring at it. he stopped me and said, "i can't figure out how you would get 65 people in this thing." in one of my rare moments of acting professional, i explained it was a working model, it was not "actual size." afterwards my buddy told me that i should have told him that in the first aid kit there are these "shrinking pills" that people take before entering the lifeboat.