RF'5s a Marriage Made in Heaven!!!, What do you think??

gp_phan

I recently picked this one up and was glad I did.........

51Z6VHQ1SSL._SS500_.jpg

Now, what were we talkin' about? Wink

Dennie

I saw the Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood "Live from Madison Square Garden" CD in the store yesterday but didn't buy it (I bought Ben Harper's new CD instead).

Anyone have the Clapton / Winwood disc? If so is it any good?

For the record, my amplifier cost $299 (kit). I never said it was better than your stuff, never said it was more expensive, never said it was in a different class, and never said that I owned the stuff that people taut (claim, profess, whatever) has good synergy. I just said that I like my system and believe that I would prefer mine to yours, just like you said you like your system.

You asked several times - What do you think? It was the title of your post. I gave my opinion. I've been very polite and I'm trying to continue that, but you are reading into my posts things that I did not put into them. I like coming to these forums and reading and posting, but your 2 posts directed at me have been anything but cordial.

I'm happy you like your system, congratulations. I like mine too. My system is not a marriage made in heaven, and I don't believe yours is either.

sebrof,

Please except my sincere Apologee, I have jumped the gun and reacted less than honorably!

I promise to you and everyone else that it won't happen again.

Thanks for getting me to see the Light!!!

If you all don't mind I'd like to stay awhile, we definitely have similar interests.

Really am very sorry!

Best Regards

Hello, maybe you've seen my recent post "Want to Hear Something incredible", thought maybe I'd get more reply's, but I didn't ask for any either.

I'm sharing my experience with you because to me it's SO incredible!!, SO marvelous!!, someone must be curious as to what it must sound like.

I do consider myself a lower budget Audiophile, BUT I do know what sounds good and what sounds UNBELIEVABLE !!.

Has anyone heard of the "Digital Amplifier Company" ??, Also, Odyssey equipment ??. I've read and read for years on all kinds of this and that on home Audio equipment (just like you) and by luck or by intuition, I've come across "A Marriage Made in Heaven".

Do you love live performance sound??. If you're like me and crave it's character, then I think you'd love this combo; 2 RF-5's - 2 RSW-10d's, an Odyssey Tempest Preamp, a (DAC) Digital Amplifier Company 4800a Amp and a Sony XA77ES Cd player. (Absolutely Effortless Sound - Speakers Disappear - Only Unbelievable True Live Sound is Present - "The Band is in Your Living Room").

I'm just wondering if anyone else has listened to a (DAC) Digital Amplifier Company Amp and an Odyssey Tempest Preamp. The combo it's truly MAGIC!!.

(In case you haven't read my "Want to Hear Something Incredible" post) This Amp and Preamp, COMPLETELY blow away the Mac's and they were in Fine Condition.

I've been to many a concert and live performances, this system captures and Surpasses EVERYTHING I've heard to date.

If you are wondering what kind of Amp & Preamp to run with Klipsch Speakers you owe it to yourself to check these pieces out, they are Mind Boggling to say the least.

Ok, what do you think???

Pieces I've owned up until the above mentioned.

Bose 901's Pioneer 80w int. Amp - 1978

ESS Amt 1b's Sanyo Plus 100w amp w/preamp

SpeakerLab Seven's Stax Class A 100w (what a monster!) w/dj mixer

Advent ?? Harmon Kardon High Current 40w int. Amp

Bose 401's McIntosh MA6200 75w int. Amp

Klipsch KG3.5's McIntosh MC2105 105w Amp w/ McIntosh C26 preamp

Paradigm Titan's

Paradigm PDR10's Sub (two)

gp_phan,

The first thing to realize is that sound is subjective. Take a look in public, nobody looks the same. The size of our outer ear, the bones in our inner ear, the size and thickness of our timpanic membrain, the size and shape of our own labyranth or Cochlea, the length of our individual cillia, consistency of inner ear fluid.... We all have different I.Q.s, our neurons and synapses are all mapped out with differences. How could any two people hear the same???

The answer is there is no way possible that we can hear the same, we can only hear what sounds correct and enjoyable to ourselves.

You may have found the best system you have ever heard. Will it be the best you ever hear??... Maybe??

Will it sound the same to all of those who listen to it?? Obviously not....

I often post about what I've heard, and what I like, and I often get caught up in the argument that if it sounds so good to me, it must be worth at least listening too...

We can't all listen to every conceivable possibility proposed, but the longer you are hear, the better many will get to know you and respect, or discount your oppinions accordingly to their own experiences.

There is a guy on here that posts regularly that has $35,000 in two speakers and $25,000 in two amps and he is one of the last people that would ever pound his own chest, toot his own horn, or put your system down.

I myself just recently jumped all over a new guy who put another new guy down for not being able to afford LaScalas, and the regulars here will not tolerate that crap if we see it, so please do not assume that anyone is being hard on you, wait and see what kind of response others have. Just don't come on here claiming the Bose 901 is gods gift and expect a high five for that response.

With the following covered.... May I say welcome!! Come stay a while! We all are addicts of the same dealer here!!

Roger

I myself just recently jumped all over a new guy who put another new guy down for not being able to afford LaScalas, and the regulars here will not tolerate that crap if we see it, so please do not assume that anyone is being hard on you, wait and see what kind of response others have. Just don't come on here claiming the Bose 901 is gods gift and expect a high five for that response.

which is why i like this forum above the others :)

Dennie,

Like your style :):)

Thanks

I like your style too, gp_phan! I think you are going to fit in just fine around here. So, what have you been listening too?

As I said before, I am so glad you have a set-up you are passionate about. Most of us are passonate about our set-ups also, as you can see.

Stick around and enjoy the fun, some of the worlds best people are here! [Y]

Dennie

I've been doing this hi-fi stuff for a while (as many here have) so I've been to my fair share of forums. Some are pretty obnoxious, and some are great to read and post and share ideas. This forum is definately in the latter category, although I've only been a member since May of this year. Lots of good people and good info.

I'll say one thing - If we all had the passion for our systems that gp-phan has shown so far the world might have more music! Maybe it will rub off a little[:D]

I've been doing this hi-fi stuff for a while (as many here have) so I've been to my fair share of forums. Some are pretty obnoxious, and some are great to read and post and share ideas. This forum is definately in the latter category, although I've only been a member since May of this year. Lots of good people and good info.

I'll say one thing - If we all had the passion for our systems that gp-phan has shown so far the world might have more music! Maybe it will rub off a littleBig Smile

Well said sebrof! [8][8] [Y]

Dennie

Heaven, I'm in Heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak;
And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we're out together dancing, cheek to cheek.
Heaven, I'm in Heaven,
And the cares that hang around me thro' the week
Seem to vanish like a gambler's lucky streak
Oh! I love to climb a mountain,
And to reach the highest peak,
But it doesn't thrill me half as much
As dancing cheek to cheek.
Oh! I love to go out fishing
In a river or a creek,
But I don't enjoy it half as much
Dance with me
I want my arm about you;
The charm about you
Will carry me thro' to Heaven
I'm in Heaven,
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek

Dennie,

Like your style :):)

Thanks

I like your style too, gp_phan! I think you are going to fit in just fine around here. So, what have you been listening too?

As I said before, I am so glad you have a set-up you are passionate about. Most of us are passonate about our set-ups also, as you can see.

Stick around and enjoy the fun, some of the worlds best people are here! Yes

Dennie

Thank You so much!!

Music I've been listening to hmmm, I think what I listen to often may be a bit off the beaten path.

Some yes some no, I'll start with some music (I think) isn't off the beaten path: Pink, Yes, Rush, Moody Blues, Roxy Music, Paul Hyde, Super Tramp.

Some that (may be) a bit off the beaten path: Right now I'm a big fan of the group TATU, If you or (some) others don't know who they are, they're a pop group from Russia and Depeche Mode from Germany (I think).

Like many things in the world, I often wonder what makes us like this or that music, interesting isn't it ??

When it comes to music, I tend to be in a smaller group (I think ?? maybe yes maybe no??).

I grew up in the Northern US, literally could look out the front door and see Canada across the Saint Lawrence River. (one mile)

Back in the mid to late 1970's the only FM station I could get was Chez 106 (pronounced Chea) out of Ottawa Canada. Not sure if it was it that influenced me or if - it - was the only station that was playing what made sense to me. Loved It!!

Anyway, it played a lot of progressive music and it Energized me, till then music was good, but this new progressive/new age music really gave me the Zeal !!

Anyway, I'm now 49 almost 50 years old and it's still the same, Really love a lot of new music and styles, still love a lot of older music too. How does that all make sense?? Good Question, just 18 at heart I guess. (watch out for that mirror)

Best Regards

Again, Thank You ALL for being so Gracious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heaven, I'm in Heaven,
Heaven, I'm in Heaven,
And the cares that hang around me thro' the week
Seem to vanish like a gambler's lucky streak
Oh! I love to climb a mountain,
And to reach the highest peak,
But it doesn't thrill me half as much
Oh! I love to go out fishing
In a river or a creek,
But I don't enjoy it half as much
Dance with me
I want my arm about you;
The charm about you
Will carry me thro' to Heaven
I'm in Heaven,
When we're out together dancing cheek to cheek

Nice!!!

That really hit the spot!

Best Regards

• Moderators

The size of our outer ear, the bones in our inner ear, the size and thickness of our timpanic membrain, the size and shape of our own labyranth or Cochlea, the length of our individual cillia, consistency of inner ear fluid.... We all have different I.Q.s,

Did you just say that I have big ears? [:P] Very well put twisted.

Welcome to the forums GP. As other's have mentioned, it is best not to ask for opinions if you aren't willing to hear what people have to offer. You'll fit in just fine around here. Just don't jump to early conclusions. [;)]

There once was a man from Nan....... Sorry, I couldnt resist.

RF 5's kick booty. I have some for my HT and they are certainly worthy. With my Yamaha 663, it has pre-outs and I've tried a Crown XLS 602 with just the RF 5's for 2 channel music and both the amp and receiver sounds really nice with these speakers. I usually just run the Yamaha but every now and then, I hook up the XLS just for grins. I think even my dogs are starting to get hooked on Klipsch!!!!!

They seem all nice and whatever. Then you two have a few drinks out at the local country bar and your RF5's go hook up with a trucker in his cab. After a long break up and a messy divorce, you reconnect with god family and country and meet a virgin pair of RF-7s at your local church who literally take you to heaven.