A/4500 Schematic?

jhoak

PS... Great Avatar!!!

Thanks... Always (OK most of the time) good for a chuckle :)

The sad part is that I had a pair up until a few weeks ago. I sold them. In the days after I shipped them I thought "dumb a$$... you should have diagramed them... DOH).

I'm toying with the idea of changing directions speaker wise. I'm trying to decide whether to get another pair of them or build the ALK universals with perhaps the 4500 change.

A couple of good pictures would be great.

THANX!

PS... Great Avatar!!!

Thanks... Always (OK most of the time) good for a chuckle :)

The sad part is that I had a pair up until a few weeks ago. I sold them. In the days after I shipped them I thought "dumb a$$... you should have diagramed them... DOH).

I'm toying with the idea of changing directions speaker wise. I'm trying to decide whether to get another pair of them or build the ALK universals with perhaps the 4500 change.

A couple of good pictures would be great.

THANX!

I am interested in the ALK Universals with the 4500 change. Anyone have a schematic?

I have a speakerlab bass bin and I think that the oofer is a different impedence than the K33.

Over the years speakerlab made a few woofer changes, the one I have however is 4ohm, but the spl is signifigantly higher than the K-33.

I used the Speakerlab woofer in my Cornscala's and was able to use and AA crossover of ALK universal without changing the taps. It is a nice woofer.

• 8 months later...

Thanks. The ALK's ability to use any impedence driver is a big plus. I have a speakerlab bass bin and I think that the oofer is a different impedence than the K33. I also need the 4500 Hz to use with JBL 2402's.

Not if you want the impedance to remain constant and don't want the crossover point to shift. The high pass and low pass sections are designed to reflect the same impedance. You can use a mid driver with an 8 ohm rating without creating too big of an impact, but it's not ideal. The low pass section is fixed and designed specifically around the behavior of a horn loaded K-33, which Al uses to model the high pass. I could be wrong, but I suspect Al would frown upon using a different woofer with his filters.