Funniest Thing I Think I Have Ever Heard!!!

jcmusic

Earlier tonight the wife and I were at Best Buy to get some computer related stuff, after which I turned to the little very young saleperson helping us; and said where are your record??? He looked at me with an oddball look, and said records!!! you mean the BigCD's!!! I thought I would die from laughing so hard. BigCD's I promptly asked when were you born in the 90's??? He said yes as a matter of fact LOL!!! When I went to checkout the young girl there had a similar problem with not knowing what the records were!!! LOL!!!

Jay

Even better, is on a daily basis, having to show kids, where and how to start playing the record(for some reason, from the inside out is always their first guess), how in the world to tell where individual songs start and end, without a display of numbers to aid us and best of all that there is a whole 'nuther side of music waiting for them, after they flip it over!

I don't laugh at 'em much, as I am just as excited as they, are to have generation next, enjoying tracks on wax for the first time, but I blame it on poor parenting, for not teaching their children well.[;)]

And even years ago when I was a "Shack" kid, all the other locations would panic and send people to me if anyone asked anything related to records, even when they had the items in stock, as they were afraid either afraid to give the customer the wrong thing, or too lazy(not a big enough sale) to learn about it.

I get a kick out of kids trying to DIAL phone,,,,, They look at the round thing and start punching the holes,,getting there fingers stuck,,,Or I tell them to go to the ICE BOX and get the milk ,,,, I get this ???????????? look

Or tell them that you remember when Black and White TV was the ONLY kind of TV you could watch..... if you HAD a TV!

Just today, my son and I were talking about pass times during lunch in the service. He said he just goes and plays video games until it is time to eat and I had to tell my son that when I was in the army the only way to get to play a Video game was if you built yourself a computer such as the origional Radio shack computer, where you had to solder the whole thing together, resistors, chips and all, not the snap together way computers are today. Then after you built it, you had to program it yourself, there wasn't any pre programed software to buy, then if you got everything to work, you had a green screen that mainly displayed text and symbols.

He just said WOOOOWWWW![:D]

• Moderators

My kids laughed at me when I told them I was my dad's remote for the TV, he would get me to jump up and change it to another of the 4 channels and that's including PBS.

I remember being very excited about being able to pick up one of the new fancy FM radio stations !

My kids laughed at me when I told them I was my dad's remote for the TV, he would get me to jump up and change it to another of the 4 channels and that's including PBS.

Oh Lord, how I remember those days myself! Was extremely annoying when I was in the middle of playing a board game (how many people still play those!) with my younger brother, only to have my father call me from clear across the house only to change the d[:@]mn TV channel! (And yes, we got our pick of all of three, maybe four on a good day, channels). What was really agravatting was also having to wait for the rotory on the antenna to adjust itself as well, only for him to not like anything that is currently on (and usually having to sit through commercials until something actually came on to find out what was actually on).

As for video games, still remember how excited we got wihen we got an Atari 2600 for X-mas. Looked forward to those nights when parents are out to some dinner party or what not, so we can play the Atari (otherwise, my father was constantly watching the TV - yes THE TV - not like today when it is not uncommon for people to have a TV in every room of the house!). How excited I was to get my very own little B&W TV for up in the bedroom. Loved staying up on Fridays to watch Dr. Who on the PBS channels on that thing.

Boy, we came a long ways to today with our fancy, dancy Hi-Def, TiVos and Satellite (now, only to go through some 100 channels and still not find anything that I want to watch! Go figure!)

Along the lines of younger people not recogonizing older technology - had a instance where a kid was excited to see this cool thing at school, where you pressed a key like on a computer, but the letter was printed on a piece of paper instead of on a screen. I mentioned, "You mean a typewriter?' He said something like, "Yeah, I think that was what the teacher called it!".

Give the poor kid a break. I am 23 years old, and by all measure, a "youngin" to most people here. I am probably the last of my kind to remember my mother play LP's on a turntable. In this kids mind, it round, its flat, and contains music data, while lableing a full sized record, a " big compact disk" is kinda extreem, in his mind that is what they are. But if you really want to mess with him, as him for an 8 track of the Beach Boys. I think you could have fun with the kid for hours. LOL