RC-35 in the fireplace

Carbon_66

Couple of Ideas.

1. Raise and mount your TV Higher on the wall.

2. Then build a shelf for your Center speaker to sit on Under the TV. (Where the TV sits at this time).

3. IF you get the RF 7's then your gonna want to get the RC 7 for Center channel duty !

Beautiful Living Room. Which will be even more attractive with a functional Fireplace..............

JMHO........................

The center of the TV is two feet higher than my dlp. The plan was to have everything as flush and clean as possible. The center is mounted as high as possible as to not interfere with the damper in the fireplace. I cut the stands for the fronts down one foot to fall more in line with the center. They're now 26" off the floor.

My last house was in the mountains with the primary source of heat being a wood stove. I won't be building any fires in the near future.

I like it,other than you should have set it up for a 7Wink

The stand can be easily modified. Also, the RC 7 is ported to the rear, which in this situation may not be ideal. I picked up the RC 35 for 120 so it will stay for a while. Priorities. I have no affiliation with this seller but he shipped in two days with excellent communication. http://shop.ebay.com/tmfluxone/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

I've done a lot of research since my first post. I now realise that the Sony ES is not up to the task. The next step will be an Onkyo 805/806.

After that I'm leaning towards a pair of RF 35's to match the center and move the RB 5's to the rear to accompany the RS 10's and complete the 7.1. I only have one side wall in the rear so I think the RB 5's on the stands to the side would work well.

It's been at least 4 years since I've had surround and I'm just getting back into it. I appreciate the compliments and welcome any input.

Greg

Wow it looks really good, since you aren't going to use the fire place it's a great way to use that space. You should put up some curtains and something in front of the sliding door to help darken the room and so no one can see in while you are watching TV at night.

since i am not a fireplace lover, i love what you have done! i had my house built without a fireplace. it wasn't a money issue, i just really don't like them. besides i live in Texas, i could use it maybe 5 days out of the year!

anyways....

i think the center mount was inventive. i would have never thought of that. i also like how you "hid" the wires in the mortar. since i have a huge case of OCD the only thing that makes my eye twitch in the photos is your gear isn't either hidden or center of your tv. i guess i am weird, i know, i am ok with it. i don't know if it's feasible but if you could come up with a way to have all your gear and center hidden in the fire place, i think that would be awesome! maybe even have someone airbrush a "fire" over the fabric. you would have to have "True fire," other than that it would look cartoonish.

congrats i think it's cool just the way it is!

• 3 weeks later...

since i am not a fireplace lover, i love what you have done! i had my house built without a fireplace. it wasn't a money issue, i just really don't like them. besides i live in Texas, i could use it maybe 5 days out of the year!

anyways....

i think the center mount was inventive. i would have never thought of that. i also like how you "hid" the wires in the mortar. since i have a huge case of OCD the only thing that makes my eye twitch in the photos is your gear isn't either hidden or center of your tv. i guess i am weird, i know, i am ok with it. i don't know if it's feasible but if you could come up with a way to have all your gear and center hidden in the fire place, i think that would be awesome! maybe even have someone airbrush a "fire" over the fabric. you would have to have "True fire," other than that it would look cartoonish.

congrats i think it's cool just the way it is!

I agree with you on the centering of the components. When I get the HD dish, I'll make a small platform for the receiver and dvd and hide the Directv behind the cloth. Thanks for the tip.

I was checking craigslist for some RF7's or RF35's and came across a pair of "vintage Klipsch speakers". The ad said they go for 300 on ebay so he was asking 250. I searched "vintage klipsch" on ebay and there they were, a pair of Heresys for 300. An email later and I was on my way to San Francisco to pick them up. He told me they were left behind by a friend moving to Colorado, too big. After we loaded them up, he asked, "are these good speakers"?

Yes.

post-39047-13819512019682_thumb.jpg

They seem to be in very good condition. I haven't opened them up yet. 1982's with oak veneer. I'll re-veneer them with mahogany and black grills to match the RB5's. Maybe do a split box cornscala mod.

So now I have Cornwalls for the front, move the RB5's to the rear, and an RC35 for the center. Probably not the best combination, but it's a start.

Time to hit the search button and do some research.

post-39047-13819512023912_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT score on the Cornwalls. Fantastic.

Now, to match their sound, a Heresy would be ideal. I can't tell for sure, but I think it will fit. You should be able to find a pair for around 3 Cs. Maybe another forum member could use a single & split the cost.