Absoulutely foolproof pork BBQ recipie

winchester21

I am a 2 weber GRILL OWNER and green egg BBQ freak. But for a no fail- no prep recipie- this one trakes the prize. It is impossiible to screw it up unless you have sucky BBQ sauce.

Baby back ribs or whole pork tenderloin.

Cook in the el cheapo aluminum throwaway roaster pan bought at your local super market or wally world. cover eoyh alum foil. DO NOT ADD SAUCE AT THIS POINT.Cook for 2 hrs @ 325- NOT- 350/375. REmove from oven after 2 hrs and remove all juice and fat. Cut any excess coked fat away from pork. Wipe pam clean. Add generous portion of BBQ sauce and cdook for another hour @ 325. Shut oven off after 1 hour and let stand for 1/2- 1 hour.

You can finish up on the grill for a couple mins if inclined- not necessary IMO. Provided thet you use good ingredients- this simple forumlar murders the rib joints and BBQ resturants.

Sure- exotic smoked labor intensive efforts on the egg grills or kamatos will surpass this process. But for a easy- no cleanup deal- this is totally awesome. I have used this forumla the last 8-10 thime sthat I have cooked BBQ for us or for guests. No leftovers. This works so wel that I felt that I should share it. Used this several times over the holidays and everybody loved it.

Sounds good. And an oven recipe will go good around here when it's - 40 outside and too cold to bbq.

Here's my recipe with a Canadian flavour and Scottish flavour. In a large open pot, boil ribs in water and 1/2 cup of pickling spice. When mostly cooked, put the ribs on a bbq grill and baste with half maple syrup and half your favourite bbq sauce. Turn often to avoid burning. Oh yeah, the Scottish flavour - a couple neat drams of Bowmore 12 year old. Slainte. Hamish

Sounds good Winchester. I'll have to try that when it's too cold outside.

We do it the hard way around here. Slow cooked on a open smoker over hickory coals for 4 to 5hrs. turning the meat every 30 minutes and basting with vinegar/butter based sauce. When done the meat is dry to the touch, yet juicy, tender, and easily pulls off the bone..... if you can imagine that! This cooking technique inspired by John "Big Daddy" Bishop of Dreamland BBQ, home of the worlds finest ribs. Just ask em.

Follow the below link to read about this legendary BBQ man. Over many visits to his restaurant and watching him and his assistants, he taught me how to cook ribs. Too bad he didn't know it.

http://www.dreamlandbbq.com/default.aspx?id=5

I cooked a 2lb pork loin using this method last night and it came out very good ; I did overcook it a bit . Anyway , I sliced up a granny smith apple and some onions and lined the base of the pan with them . Also I sprinkled some brown sugar and cinnamon over the mixture and added a little cider vinegar . Then I seared the loin in bacon fat on all sides in a cast iron skillet . Then placed the loin on top of the apple and onion mixture . The apple and onions made a great sauce for the pork loin .

Due to a little inattention on my part I cooked the loin for 2 hours . 1 and a half hours would have been perfect .

Not trying to compare with true hardwood traditional methods. fake BBQ - yes- But- I can drive all over this town and my "fake BBQ " still beats out most of what is commercially for sale. it is so EASY that I can leave the ribs in the fridge- along with a jar of my red sauce- have my son start it at 3:30 after the gets home from school- The stuff is ready at 7 an it is excellent. I see more bad Q than good and this simple method works like a charm.

is it as good as Hickory- Oak- burnt wood coals or a green egg/Kamato?- NO -Nothing takes the place of a mobile megacooker or an open brick pit- which is great if you have the time and place- unfortunately I don't.

Willy- I typically cut a 5-6 lb loin in 1/2s or 3rds. I cook in the throwaway alum roaster pans covered and sealed with foil across the top. I use a red ketchup- Kraft BBq sauce-minced garlic- white vinegar-hot mustard-ground salt - ground pepper- texas pete mixture which I add after 2 hours in additon to cleaning the pan completely of all fat. The lower heat is critical- You may want to back it off on the time as you said. The last loin I cooked fell apart when I atempted to cut it. I would encourage you to try it again with some adjustments.

I am cooking Baby backs as we speak.