TIME FOR A CHANGE OF SPEAKERS????????

RICK VALLEJOS

I realize that Im on a Klipsch forum but with my set-up im hearing that RF 7's in the cabinet are not the best choice, I have an option to buy some Paradigm reference studio 100 v3 s that have the port on the front of coarse I would than need to sell my current set up. Has anyone had any experience with these speakers and would I regret the switch?

You will notice a softer sound, and will need a Good Receiver or Amp to get the full flavor from the Paradigms...........

You will enjoy them, but they are a smoother, softer sound than the Klipsch.

Money wise, I think you would get more bang for your Buck with Klipsch. But I understand the "Size problem".

Dont get me wrong I love the Klipsch im still listening to "you spent how much on speakers" its just in my situation/set up im just wondering if the Paradigm would sound better having to be in the cabinets. Trust me I dont want to listen to "why are the speakers in the middle of the living room" also. Maybe the answer would be trade in the wife

• Moderators

Replace those RF 7's with Heresy's and add a couple of shelves above the Heresys. [6]

Raise the Tv up about a foot and lay a Heresy sideways for a center, or drop the Tv down and put a sideways Heresy above the Tv. [6]

Sell the sub and make an IB sub into the attic or room next to that room. [6]

Walk away with the extra $ from selling your present speakers, unless you buy new.

• Moderators

Im kinda leaning toward just taking out the cabinets all together, getting a nice tv stand and keeping the Klipsch.

This was not posted when i started my post, not a bad idea at all, what about WAF with that idea ?

Actually that was her idea, im sure i could find someone to take them out and they keep the cabinets for their work

so what are you waiting for? rip those bad boys out and get a stand for the tv/equipment and get those speakers placed properly. 3/4" plywood on top of those cabinets might make for a nice workbench + storage solution.

I had RF-7s for a short time and did not have a good experience with them. IMO, they were rather harsh in the upper end with SS gears. For me, nothing can compare to the Heritage series. Perhaps, I am so used to the Heritage sound. BTW, I would trade my wife over my audio gears anytime of the week [:D].

Dont get me wrong I love the Klipsch im still listening to "you spent how much on speakers" its just in my situation/set up im just wondering if the Paradigm would sound better having to be in the cabinets. Trust me I dont want to listen to "why are the speakers in the middle of the living room" also. Maybe the answer would be trade in the wife

Actually that was her idea, im sure i could find someone to take them out and they keep the cabinets for their work

so what are you waiting for? rip those bad boys out and get a stand for the tv/equipment and get those speakers placed properly. 3/4" plywood on top of those cabinets might make for a nice workbench + storage solution.

I agree! What are you waiting for! Those RF-7s are amazing speakers. If I had the money, I would get them in a heartbeat!

Im kinda leaning toward just taking out the cabinets all together, getting a nice tv stand and keeping the Klipsch.

Unless your opinion about your little one running around has changed I would just leave your speakers as they are. Everyone can't have the perfect setup possible and as long as you like the sound, from what you said you do, I wouldn't worry what others have to say about YOUR system...

James