RF 7's UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

RICK VALLEJOS

So im looking around craigslist on Monday and happen to go to Flagstaff AZ and see an add that says Klipsch $200 and has a picture of 4 speakers of which 2 really looked like RF 7s, so I email the guy and he knew nothing about them so I asked him to read the back and sure enough 2 RF 7s-1 RC 7 and 1 RF 35, so im thinking ok the guy wants $200 each which would sill be a good deal but he says "ya I would like to get $200 for all but I know the economy is bad".So I get there thinking these have got to be trashed but exactly the opposite they are in perfect shape! So needless to say Santa came early this year.

So I noticed you have an Emotiva amp to go along with your RF-7s. I also have some RF-7s and an RC-7 and some RB-61's for surrounds. Which amp do you have? How does it sound? I have been seriously considering getting an XPA-5, but recently I have seen them coming out with the UPA-5, which would save me a few bucks, but I am leaning twoards the XPA-5.

Wow sounds good...I wish I was making the same money I used to, but Im gonna have to save for a lil while. I really want to get a bundle pack(which they said they were gonna do next year) and get the UMC-1 and an XPA-5. My receiver is doing an okay job with movies right now, so I should be able to hold off until then. I reaaaallly want and XPA-5. hahaha...

I have the XPA 5 and I think its worth the extra money in fact im ordering the XPA 2 to go along with it. In my opinion they are an incredible value for the money. The sale ends at the end of the year and to find a used one is very difficult so they really hold thier value.

Yes the used ones tend to sell for close to Emotiva's sale prices.

I would recommend the XPA series as well especially with RF-7s, the UPA's are definitely great amps as well but the XPA will really bring out bass performance and headroom.

• Moderators

I felt bad enough for taking advantage so I flipped him an extra $50

One man's junk is another man's treasure. It's great when you find someone that doesn't see value in something

and can get a great deal on it. I bought my Velodyne sub like that. $200 for an HGS15 was too good to pass up.

I even bought it without testing it cause I figured even if it didn't work, the components were worth that.