My take on a Khorn

Wrench722

These were well worth the wait, I've always wanted to build a pair but didn't have the resources (or the measurements). Built 3 pairs of LaScala's back in the early 80's but didn't have access to trachorns, ALK's, V-tracs or K400's since Klipsch would not sell these parts. Had to settle with horns that had higher cutoffs unless you could find some altecs. Did you use 3/4" or stick to the original design?

These were well worth the wait, I've always wanted to build a pair but didn't have the resources (or the measurements). Built 3 pairs of LaScala's back in the early 80's but didn't have access to trachorns, ALK's, V-tracs or K400's since Klipsch would not sell these parts. Had to settle with horns that had higher cutoffs unless you could find some altecs. Did you use 3/4" or stick to the original design?

I used both 1/2" and 3/4". If it was all 3/4" it would be too heavy and it would not resonate right.

• Moderators

You would not belive. They are a part of me.

awesome - you must be so proud!

You can tell, it's very obvious, I had to go back and look again they were so pretty The backs look so good it's almost ashamed you cant see it from the front !

• 6 months later...