I just would like to know anyones opinion about this brand i bought a
power 2200 from a forum member and waiting on it to get here. I am
thinking about selling my sony es gear a trying all NAD what do you
think? please rreply with any opinions or experiences...Thank you for
all the collective knowlege I would love for a mac system but i afford
that right now....;( I would really like to move to electronics made in
North America it would be nice to own gear not stereotyped as made in
Japan.

I'm about to go all NAD myself for a while a NAD C326BEE. Very low distorion and plenty of headroom. Nothing wrong with made in Japan for instance TAD is made in japan as are some of the best tonearms. I just had an older NAD 50wpc PE serviced. It was rated at 50wpc but the tech said he pushed them to 150wpc without clipping.

...I would really like to move to electronics made in North America it would be nice to own gear not stereotyped as made in Japan.

I am not going to try and talk you out of buying American (nor would I) but I don't think a product being made in Japan is considered lessor quality as it is with some things made in other countries.

That being said, NAD is a Canadian company but I couldn't find where their AVRs were made on their Website, although I did find this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/49840-6-made-china and another post that insinuated that their upper end stuff is actually made in Japan. Regardless, it looks like they have quality products and good luck on your upgrade.

As always just my opinion and as in all things stereo, your ears and setup are a very personal matter but since you asked:

I am not familiar with the model you have but I had the T-752 as a loaner while I waited on the T-762. My experience may be biased due to a really bad local dealer. The 752 didn't have enough muscle and while the 762 was healtier I never warmed up to it. I pulled a bone head move while cleaning up the rack and pulled a 12vdc trigger out while hot and as luck would have it when it fell down th eback of the receiver I got a fireworks display. Local authorized service shop (different from the initial purchase) kept it for several months without repair NAD stepped in and handed me a new unit. Moral of that story is NAD had great customer service but I tied of waiting and bought the Denon. Other than these two I have only used a Sony 9000ES pre/pro and Denon 4306 for HT. I much perfer either one of these to the NAD especially in two channel mode.

The newer NAD gear is really nice especially for the price. I've been testing my jubilees with various amps and what was surprising was that the NAD tested better than anything else I threw at it. The low end response with the nad was extended and flatter than other amps I've tried lately. I'm going to use the C326bee while I save up for some shiny tube amps I've been wanting for years.

seti--you're doing it wrong my friend. you should test your jubilees on MY amp. Send them out west and I'll let you know how they sound.

It will only be for about a year or so. Why did the 50wpc nad test so well? What amp you got there :)? The jubs are a little over 250lbs ea so shipping would be scary. I mostly have experience with 50wpc or less nad and not their higher powered gear. I did hear a sub powered by a 2200 once. It did the job but didn't hear long enough to form an opinion.

my NAD stuff was early '80s (and I actually just got rid of it two years ago). Even then, I think the amp was only 2X50 wpc. memory is fading, i think it was the NAD 2150 amp and 1020 preamp. Since my very recent divorce, I've got more liberty to get more gear, so i'm looking around for a deal on an tube amp. Currently, I'm still using a Yamaha HTR-5790 that I've had for about five years. It's not a bad amp; but, have always some tubes. oh yeah, and shipping would definitely cause some serious sticker shock!

hope you have a great new year.

Steve

I just would like to know anyones opinion about this brand i bought a power 2200 from a forum member and waiting on it to get here. I am thinking about selling my sony es gear a trying all NAD what do you think? please rreply with any opinions or experiences...Thank you for all the collective knowlege I would love for a mac system but i afford that right now....;( I would really like to move to electronics made in North America it would be nice to own gear not stereotyped as made in Japan.

What's the Japanese stereotype for its gear? Let's see: Well made. Good value. Long lasting. ?????

You can have all the NAD stuff you want, I'll take the Almarro integrated amp, Yamaha CD recorder, Nakamichi tape deck, and Technics Sl1200 turntable. Damn throw in a pair of Klipsch speakers, and that's one HELL of a badass system.

My NAD 3150 sounded great but has slowly died a terrible death.

When I got it at used and cheap it had a problem with the left channel in the amp section that would cause it to cut out after about 15 minutes.

No problem I'll just use it as a phono pre into my Yamaha surround receiver.

It worked fine like this for a few years.

Oh my, what's this?

When I turn it on it gives me a loud rumbly noise when hooked up.

Hmm, I opened up the case and I see that somebody has already done some "repairs" to the board with some traces cut and jumpered with resistors and such.

Maybe I won't bother trying to fix it.

-JPB