Does anyone have a suggestion for a "Heritage Series" center channel?

robroy3300

Hello EveryOne,

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a center channel to compliment my Heritage series speakers! I understand about "matching voice capability" or the need for such in a good surround system,but I will not part from my speakers! lol

I am using Bells for my fronts and Forte' II's for my rears-it is a rather large listening room! Well I guess it would be considered a Theater Room now!

My guess is, another Belle would work nicley for my center,but with the monitor stand,I cannot fit it-I have a 65" lcd.

I do have enough room in the cabinet to fit a Heresy sideways! HMMM

I really love the sound of my K-55 squawkwers,and suspect one might work great for the mids along with a K-77-but ofcorse that leaves the question of lower end! I was thinking of a couple of 8" 'ers below the squawker-they would fit,if Bob C. could design the proper crossover!

Tell me what you guys think,

Rob

If you could find a split LaScala could you fit the top portion in the cabinet? Could you fit a vertical Cornwall in your cabinet? There's a pair of '73 vertical Cornwalls for sale near me for $600.

I think the order of what would match best would be another Belle, LaScala, Cornwall then Heresy.

A sideways Heresy would work although I would imagine the narrow exponential horns in them wouldn't give the same dispersion of sound as a wider and taller tractrix horn would.

My guess is, another Belle would work nicley for my center,but with the monitor stand,I cannot fit it-I have a 65" lcd.

Yep , the Belle will work nicely . Ditch the monitor stand and put the tv on top of a Belle . I have a 60" plasma on top of a Belle and I don't think a 65" lcd would be an issue .

I use 3 La Scala's up front.

It really is awesome. I am not just saying it, you need to just experience it and you will never go back. I will go as far to say that just about any three identical speakers up fron should be the rule. Think of a car going left to right... When seamless, it is a beautiful thing... (sound wise)

You have come this far already. Don't compromise the dream!

I'm on the hunt for exactly this... Source stock for a DIY project is two full sets of H-II guts that I got from an upgrader (thanks samboguy!)

I've been itterating A LOT with WinISD trying to model the bass response of H-II and mimic that response with a pair of 8" woofs. Basically I'm searching for an 8" woof with a resonant frequency (Fs) of 24Hz and SPL of 90dB.

I have a couple of candidates, but either the air volume is too big to be practical or I've got incomplete parameters and therefor can't trust the design.

I'll be poking at this some more this weekend and hopefully be posting with a success story.

Or another Idea...............Have the TV Mounted on the Wall...............then you'd have the Room for another Belle........

Good Luck, Post pictures..............keep us Informed !Wink

I tried these to options to change from an academy to a center Belle

First:

Thanks Bill,

My old basement worked much better (and withstood a LOT more volume [:D] ). In the new place there is absolutely no way to have the other Belles in the rear and had to go back to the RS-7s....and they are about 3-4 too high.

God,we do love our Klipschs' don't we? lol

Seems like we will move or get rid of anything to make room!

Thanks for all the input:

1) My stand is solid cherry and new-"Took me forever to pay it off!)lol So replacing it would be a crime;although a third Belle with a custom cabinet,would be the thing would'nt it?

2) I cannot hang my monitor due to having the picture window right in the back of it. And yes,I have tried every conceivable arrangment rather than in front of the window.

I will take some pics and alot of comments will answer themselves.

Note: When you guys do see the pics,keep in mind I will be putting my two Halfer DH-220's on amp stands next to the monitor.

Thanks for all the ideas and taking the time!!!

Rob

I have a single LS that I am not using- function- 9- cosmetic 7- Personally unless you have a 3rd belle- I would buy a LS without question. I am in Charlotte NC. Contact me if interested- Needs refinishing IMHO but will sell cheap- 300.00 taking up space.

I am running the other one in my HT as a center with K horns- corwalls and industrial LS rears-- absolutely killer.

I will put this HT system up against anything except a more eloborate Heritage setup- kicks @ss.

I will say that I have heard USNRET's belle setup and it is fantastic. FInding a 3rd belle may be a problem and may cost big $$$$$$$$$$$

My e- mail is- winchester21@bellsouth.net