Parade Report Needed. (c'mon dtels & coulter)

TheEvan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even wearing his "Reggie Wayne, blue and white Colts' jersey" the night before the big game Michael was treated as a welcome additon to the South. "It's all good". In fact, a lot of folks asked to be photographed with him, thanked him and gave him warm hugs and big kisses! The crowds gathered on the balconies in the French Quarter were showering the one lone Colts' fan with beads! Hey, beads don't come easy on Bourbon Street!

Although Colter is a die hard Colts fan I do believe he has become a full fledged member of the "Who Dat Nation"!

Christie, didn't you post long ago that you thought Michael was a rock star when you picked him up? lol They probably thought just Who Dat crazy loon in a Reggie Wayne jersey? Poor misguided soul needs some beads. lol.

Sounds like a great time and something that probably wouldn't happen like that anywhere else. I mean, ya gotta love the fact that they planned a parade win or lose. Of course I'm sure it was better winning but I'm sure it still would've been one helluva parade.

As much as I wanted the Colts to win I'm a lot less disappointed with the Saints winning than I would've been any other team. Of course the Colts probably would've beat any other team.

I really can't imagine that winning the Super Bowl has ever meant as much to a city as N'awlins.

• Moderators

Christie, didn't you post long ago that you thought Michael was a rock star when you picked him up? lol

A few years ago when he came down when we picked him up at the airport, I said it looked like we picked up Sammy Hagar, slightly different color hair but very close. [H]

As far as the Saints winning, I think it was only because they kept the ball from Peyton and his offense in the second half.

They probably thought just Who Dat crazy loon in a Reggie Wayne jersey? Poor misguided soul needs some beads. lol.

In the French Quarter looking up at the balcony's as people were throwing beads to the crowd they would see Michaels Colts shirt and throw to him, and that's all he had to show unlike others. Michael had a Colts skirt made of blue and white streamers and a Colts cape, like Batman, but we thought it would not be best to risk that much blue and white in the Quarter. So just to be safe we thought he should not wear that around thousands of Saints fans considering some were drinking and we could only run so fast. [;)] But for anyone with doubts, Michael represented his colts team very well, even in places where we were not sure what would happen but it all worked out great.

I had a great time with him down here and really appreciate him making the trip, he made it so much more fun, thank you Michael. [Y] Anytime

Almost forgot Michael tried a oyster ! [:o] I was very proud. [:P]

• Moderators

Almost forgot Michael tried a oyster ! Surprise I was very proud. Stick out tongue

Get 'em at Acme?

Their chargrilled 'erstahs' are to DIE FOR!

No, It was at Ye Ole College Inn and Christy and I had an Oyster po-boys and he tried one, I was very surprised.

I love Acme Oyster, my favorite is raw with the ketchup, horseradish, lemon and hot sauce.........or plain........my mouth is watering just thinking about it ! [:P]

Almost forgot Michael tried a oyster ! Surprise I was very proud. Stick out tongue

Get 'em at Acme?

Their chargrilled 'erstahs' are to DIE FOR!

I love Acme Oyster, my favorite is raw with the ketchup, horseradish, lemon and hot sauce.........or plain........my mouth is watering just thinking about it ! Stick out tongue

that sounds great; but, can you hold the oyster? Love raw clams and mussells; but, never liked oysters. i'm a big fan of ketchup--though.

• Moderators

that sounds great; but, can you hold the oyster? Love raw clams and mussells; but, never liked oysters. i'm a big fan of ketchup--though.

Sure, then it's just a lettuce and tomato po-boy, I could eat that also, I eat a lot of tomato sandwiches when there growing in the summer.

Ketchup is good , even better with hot sauce or horseradish mixed in.

• Moderators

As much as I wanted the Colts to win I'm a lot less disappointed with the Saints winning than I would've been any other team. Of course the Colts probably would've beat any other team.

Me too, Ben. I'm not a big Colts fan, but Dad sure was, and I liked to think he was enjoying the great ride they had from his new vantage point. I wanted it badly for him, but at least they couldn't have lost to a nicer team. A little consolation there.

Great pics, E&C... Looks like a lot of fun. Thank you for sharing them.

• Moderators

TheEvan, dtel forgot to mention the oyster poboys at Ye Olde College Inn were by far the best we have ever had....and we have eaten a lot of oyster poboys!

Next time you are in New Orleans you must go by there and try one....I promise you won't be disappointed!

• Moderators

Sure eat well, have a good time, see a parade, live it up and where's poor Thebes?

Stuck under a snowbank miles from the nearest gumbo.

Poor Thebes. Poor, poor Thebes

Get a shovel, dig yourself out and COME ON DOWN! Thebes, you would have the time of your life down here.....and it's Mardi Gras season!

Seriously, Thebes anytime you want to make the trip just let us know!

• Moderators

That's a mess of people... wall to wall people... from the looks of it I wouldn't be surprised if the 'party' extended a day or so in the streets.

Michael,

The Super Bowl was Sunday, February 7....most folks started partying Friday night before the Super Bowl....continued through the Super Bowl game....on until Tuesday night for the Super Bowl parade and then went back to partying until after Mardi Gras which is Tuesday, February 16!

This region has really enjoyed celebrating this event!