Klipsch speakers suck.............

Buckeye_Nut

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey hey hey now, we are not going to start a Reference and Heritage war are we? i think the reference guys will win! we are much younger!

i recon you got a point inventor.. they say the Heritage range is much smoother and mellow sound.. much suited to the oldies... [:D]

admittingly I would love Heritage.. in Melbourne where i live only one shop I know sells them and honestly i just can not afford to buy them brand new as i think a pair of LS would easily cost more than $10000 brand new and second hand ones hardly ever come up and when they do the buyer expects a lot of money for them..

One day. I keep telling myself one day....

hey hey hey now, we are not going to start a Reference and Heritage war are we? i think the reference guys will win! we are much younger!

True.... but with age comes more dirty tricks... Besides, old farts have a lot less left to live for. I'll put my 50 cents on the Heritage guys.

• Moderators

True.... but with age comes more dirty tricks... Besides, old farts have a lot less left to live for. I'll put my 50 cents on the Heritage guys.

[Y]

I have Reference, Rb75, Heritage, Cornwall lll and Heresy l and ll, not quite Heritage, Forte l and ll [:S] and Pro, MWM/402. All VERY good, but.........

I would be with the Heritage guys BUT I am going with the Pro crowd..............a whole different breed, BIG, MEAN, Ugly, all the detail of any speaker worth considering for twice the money and can fill a living room or a dance hall effortlessly ! [:P]

IMHO

So now there's a new category to include, PRO.

The proceeding was a naive statement.

Speaking as someone who has owned both, myself being a 6'3" 230 pound "OLD FART", that traded in his Heritage for Pro that has to be considdered Heritage, and not Reference. We "old farts" are like our speakers;

We are big and fat and older, just like our bigger, older, and fatter speakers, and just like our bigger, fatter, and older speakers will CRUSH your reference with shear maximum Db, well need I finish the thought?

Personal stats:

More fights then most reference owners have had sniffs of tail, 6'3" 230 lbs, have had my two front teeth knocked out, put back in my skull and root canaled, nose broken, ribs broken, stabbed / cut multiple times, gun pulled on multiple times, later in life, trained for several years in shoto-kahn. I have parachuted, I own my own rapelling gear, I own my own scuba gear. I own my own snow ski equipement, I hand load and have taken a deer at 589 yards, own a bow as well. Drag race motorcycles and cars. Played paint ball for over 20 years and used to play on a nationally ranked team.

I used to be young at one time as well, and I used to drink cheap beer in green bottles as well. Don't let your foam make your aligator mouth write a check your young canary butt can't cash cause "I'm your Huckle Berry". [A]

On a side note, anybody that has seen a video of Kevin Harmon box, I haven't met a reference owner yet that I would put in a ring with him, and yeah, he is one of us "old farts" that owns Heritage and Pro. [~][:o][6]

Roger

My first taste of Reference (RF-7) eight years ago was a disater. Been a Heritage (Heresy, Conrwall, LaScala) owner eversince. PWK listed the Forte as a Heritage but he discontinued it after four years. I was never able to find the Heritage sound in the Forte.

I have Reference, Rb75, Heritage, Cornwall lll and Heresy l and ll, not quite Heritage, Forte l and ll Tongue Tied and Pro, MWM/402. All VERY good, but.........

I would be with the Heritage guys BUT I am going with the Pro crowd..............a whole different breed, BIG, MEAN, Ugly, all the detail of any speaker worth considering for twice the money and can fill a living room or a dance hall effortlessly ! Stick out tongue

IMHO

Don't forget tough. That Pro stuff will rock all day without even breaking a sweat. And can effortlessly fill a park.

Speak for yourself? OFRO here. (Old Fart Reference Owner) here. I currently own Reference, Heritage and Pro. They're all very good in their own right. The RF-7's in my HT don't take a back seat to any of the bass shy heritage speakers (insert flame war here). Heritage take the nod in mids, Reference in bass and Pro in LOUD. All Great speakers in their own right. I love all my chillens equally, but just like your own kids, they're all different with their own strengths and weaknesses. What's the best line overall??? It's whatever you like best. Remember, opinions are like a@@ holes. Everyone has one and they're all different. You've just seen mine[:P] .

Speak for yourself? OFRO here. (Old Fart Reference Owner) here. I currently own Reference, Heritage and Pro. They're all very good in their own right. The RF-7's in my HT don't take a back seat to any of the bass shy heritage speakers (insert flame war here). Heritage take the nod in mids, Reference in bass and Pro in LOUD. All Great speakers in their own right. I love all my chillens equally, but just like your own kids, they're all different with their own strengths and weaknesses. What's the best line overall??? It's whatever you like best. Remember, opinions are like a@@ holes. Everyone has one and they're all different. You've just seen mineStick out tongue .

"You've just seen mine [:P] " ........ [:|].... EWWWWwwwwww!!! [+o(]

better shut off your sub, Pro seies has the Bass over the reference line as well; Jubilee, MCM, KP-600, all without addition of a sub.

Big, Ugly, and Mean... How everything in life except Women should be.... unfortunately the latter is all to often in the same category as well...

Roger

better shut off your sub, Pro seies has the Bass over the reference line as well; Jubilee, MCM, KP-600, all without addition of a sub.

Ahhhh spirited debate, that's what I love about this forum.

Jubilee rated down to 45 Hz + - 3dB

MCM rated down to 40 Hz + - 3dB

(can't find anything on the KP-600)

RF-7 rated down to 32 Hz + - 3dB

Pro is louder, Reference is lower. Both are awesome in their own right.

(Covering head awaiting next salvo)

Ahhhh spirited debate, that's what I love about this forum.

Jubilee rated down to 45 Hz + - 3dB

MCM rated down to 40 Hz + - 3dB

(can't find anything on the KP-600)

RF-7 rated down to 32 Hz + - 3dB

Pro is louder, Reference is lower. Both are awesome in their own right.

(Covering head awaiting next salvo)

"Covering head and awaitind next salvo" - Absolutely love it! [Y][Y]

I can't lay my hands directly on my sheet at the moment so I will try to correct tonight if wrong, but I believe it is down to 35Hz +/- 3db because of the four 18 inch drivers in a pair of stacks.

My point though is because of max spl and the fact that only one Jubilee owner on the list that I am aware of uses passive cross over, Colter has the only factory passive MCM-1900 cross overs I know of, Kevin Harmon has a pair built by Bob Crites for him, and Klipsch never made a passive for the KP-600s....

With basically maditory multi amping and max SPL, Bass output is more at lower frequencies even with the role off, just adjust the output.

Roger