Klipsch Pilgrimage 2010 - Final Desicion Made!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dry counties are against my religion. Here is a map to help you navigate the Arkansas dry vs wet counties. Texarkana is a quick drive from Hope. If you are landing in Little Rock might as well stop at a store there.

Hope is in Hempstead County.

Texarkana is in Miller County.

Little Rock is in Pulaski County.

Interesting that the Delta is all wet.

abc_map.gif

Dry counties are against my religion.

You're an Episcopalian (like PWK)?

Episcopalian, Lutheran, Catholic, ... Church of the Liquid Spirits...

Episcopalians: Wherever three or four are gathered, there will be a fifth.

I was raised in that denomination, with great fondness of memory (mostly). All in good humor. ;-)

Episcopalians: Wherever three or four are gathered, there will be a fifth.

I'll drink to that... but my doctor says I'm not allowed to have alcohol....

I was raised in that denomination, with great fondness of memory (mostly). All in good humor. ;-)

I was raised Lutheran in a Lutheran Church In America congregation.

The LCA should not to be confused with the American Lutheran Church or the American Evengelical Lutheran Church. LCA, ALC, and AELCI believe merged into Evengelical Lutheran Church In America. Actually went on a field trip in college to the Lutheran School of Theology where we met with a few faculty members one who was very excited about the coming or maybe proposed merger at that time. And stayed with a few of the students and had wine from a box which was a new thing back then. Made sense to me. Wine. Oxygen. Bad. Sealed plastic bag in box with spigot should not let in much oxygen? Not very elegent or pretty but seemed practical. My architecture professor at the time who considered himself was something of a wine snob uh conne snob thought that was the coolest thing and hadn't seen such a thing and maybe hadn't heard of it. Went to a fund raiser at a smallish Chicago church where beer and wine or wine coolers were served. Hadn't seen that at our church back home.

Anyway the home congregation started out as a Swedish Evengelical Lutheran Church - forget really but had Swedish in the name. Maybe the congregation in Chicago had more German roots? So after they ran off the only Pastor I had known around my senior year in high school who I'm not sure ever drank more than communion wine... our new Paster used to make his own beer and usually had a nice healthy pile of beer cans and/or bottles.

Also in the Lutheran world, don't confuse the above with the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod or the Lutheran Church Wisconsin Synod. In college the LCA, ALC, AELC all banded together and rotated which soup congregation we would attend. The Missouri Synod group called us the "other" Lutherans. We called the Episcopalian who hung out with our group a closet Lutheran though I think he called us all closet Episcopalians. Heck I thought we were all supposed to be Christian? [:^)]

Now we attend a Disciples of Christ church. No plan to learn if the Disciples of Christ have x number of sub denominations. Too confusing.

So dry county? Maybe we can find a local who makes their own? I lived in a dry county in Texas (Collin) where you could buy a single night or year long club membership - I think at least one club was good for many participating restaurants, some only that restaurant.... so you could drink too much and then drive home as opposed to taking it home to drink? Not sure I ever got that logic. Just a different kind of tax I suppose.

So my family and a friend come to visit and think we can't buy alcohol. Duh. At one point I worked in Dallas county (not dry) which was only 10 to 15 minutes away. Worked out pretty well though as they stocked us up pretty good.

Hmmmmm.... fundraiser concert ... might raise more funds if at a location where they could sell beer and /or wine. They've had a beer garden here in town at the free concerts in the park but it was up in the street and one couldn't take one's drink into the park.... so people just brought their own somewhat concealed.

Weird question, but is Hope dry? Or just beer/wine?

Yes, you cannot buy liquor there. But you can bring it.

Man that is going to be hard to remember. If I do I'll bring some local brew down with me.

James

Should I send you a reminder?

Also in the Lutheran world, don't confuse the above with the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod or the Lutheran Church Wisconsin Synod. In college the LCA, ALC, AELC all banded together and rotated which soup congregation we would attend. The Missouri Synod group called us the "other" Lutherans. We called the Episcopalian who hung out with our group a closet Lutheran though I think he called us all closet Episcopalians.

I attend a "liberal" Missouri Synod Lutheran church (everyone raises only their right arm during praise worship, at a 45 degree angle).

The Wisconsin Synod folks call us heretics because women are allowed to speak AND vote. ;-)

Who's in charge of the Swap Meet? I've got some great stuff for sale and might drag it all down to Hope. (will post pictures ahead of time).

You better home sliceWink

A swap meet would be awesome!!!!!

I'm going to try to rta measure my SubWoofer and bring it down for sale.

IMG_1086.jpg

Who's in charge of the Swap Meet? I've got some great stuff for sale and might drag it all down to Hope. (will post pictures ahead of time).

You better home sliceWink

A swap meet would be awesome!!!!!

I'm going to try to rta measure my SubWoofer and bring it down for sale.

IMG_1086.jpg

That's REAL PURDY seti !!!

Roger