Deer in the yard

dtel

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dtel.

We really love it here. The problem is that its California.[:P] (taxing the working class to death! AND soooo mis-managed)

We have relatives all over the country and every single state we have been to had some beautiful areas. Every place has its pluses and minus'. Beautiful, warm summers and really COLD winters here. Below zero several days. I am retiring in three more years and my wife wants to move to a place with NO snow..LOL. Go figure that I want to move to Montana! It's very similar to here. I really do like being able to get on my quad and ride off our property straight up into the the mountains here. Hunt / fish...whatever. I think I like western Kentucky too...a LOT. We were on our way to Tennessee to visit the in-laws and I remember hearing a fishing tournament in progress right over the radio...pretty cool. LOTS of NICE areas and people in the good ol USA.

Anyway, the gulf coast is a place we want to check out someday. Never been before. My Dad lived on the gulf side of Florida when he was a boy. He always spoke of those times with a grin on his face. So much to do...so little time.

I really do like it here, been here most of our lives and our kids were raised up here....just can't afford retiring here. Maybe we'll just drive around and live EVERYWHERE...lol

Take care dtel..

Mike

....just can't afford retiring here.

I hear you Mike. I'm in the same boat. I fear that if i stay living here in the Huntington Beach area that I'll have to keep working. I'm giving myself about another 10 years to make a decision. I know financially, i could live much more comfortably elsewhere; but, I do love it here and the kids are here, and now the grandkids. Lost my house in the divorce, so chances are that I'll never be able to get another one in these parts, the last one took both mine and my wife's income to buy. Oh well, at the rate things are going anyway, I'll soon need a visa to travel between the Bay Area and here--so moving might not be a bad idea.

Steve

"I'll soon need a visa to travel between the Bay Area and here--so moving might not be a bad idea."

Man...I do understand that!

When we travel to a city here in California... I feel the NEED to be armed. Living out in the sticks does have its advantages.

Little to NO crime. Clean air, quiet, no bars on the windows, car left unlocked. etc... biggest pain I have is cleaning up after the critters.

(Decided not to disrespect someones home)

Things will work out Steve.

Best of luck

Mike

• Moderators

Anyway, the gulf coast is a place we want to check out someday. Never been before. My Dad lived on the gulf side of Florida when he was a boy. He always spoke of those times with a grin on his face. So much to do...so little time.

I really do like it here, been here most of our lives and our kids were raised up here....just can't afford retiring here. Maybe we'll just drive around and live EVERYWHERE...lol

Anywhere along the gulf coast is HOT & HUMID in the summer.

A nice long drive around the country would be nice, some places are much cheaper to buy a house or property and with a lower cost of living.

Oh well, at the rate things are going anyway, I'll soon need a visa to travel between the Bay Area and here

Shoot man, you're likely to get ran over before that. Please be careful.
Thanks for that vote of confidence Arky. I'm already ascared to walk across the street. i think i'll have to construct a coat with flashing lights and horns to alert the bonehead drivers that can't seem to pay attention.

"I'll soon need a visa to travel between the Bay Area and here--so moving might not be a bad idea."

We took a trip to SanFransico several years ago. WOW, culture shock!

The sad thing is that I think San Francisco is the most beautiful city that I've ever seen. Too bad you have to look at the ground as you walk because of all the crap (literally) that you can step on, i.e. people, condoms, needles. what a shame that such a beautiful city is filled with such filth. i guess that's what happens when you get too educated, huh? In fact i just heard on the radio this morning, that San Francisco is supposed to have the most intellectual population in the nation. I don't know for sure; but, if that is true, those smart people sure aren't the ones running the city! I was born on the other side of the bay--good ole Oakland.

• Moderators

Oh well, at the rate things are going anyway, I'll soon need a visa to travel between the Bay Area and here

Thanks for that vote of confidence Arky. I'm already ascared to walk across the street. i think i'll have to construct a coat with flashing lights and horns to alert the bonehead drivers that can't seem to pay attention.

Now all of that was funny.

Maby you should move out to Amish country where there are just buggies and no trucks ? [A]

Now all of that was funny.

Maby you should move out to Amish country where there are just buggies and no trucks ? Angel

with my luck, i'd slip in a pile of horse crap.