Klipschorn Owners Guild

Good Afternoon All,

In addition to forming Klipschorn Owners Guild or K.O.G. in Klipsch Website-forums, I would also like to

hear fron any one out there whom have built their own Klipschorns. Years ago I came upon a Klipschorn beside a

luger bid after fire badly damaged the building it was in. The unit had been water soaked and damaged when a beam

fell on it, destroying the top hat and drivers. I had not ever planed to rebuild it, my plan was to completly disassemble

the bass bin, measure all parts, draw up blueprints and fabricate each part anew. I build two horns for people after

that. All internal drawings and sizing you get from any source can be questionable, working from an actual factory

built speaker unit you are sure you will end up with an exact reproduction.

Regards,

B. Pasternak

Boris:

Do you still have these plans? I would love a set, as I purchased the guts out of a set of LaScala's about 6 years ago, and just have them laying here. My plan was to build a set of boxes, and I bought a disk from ebay, but the file was corrupted and I just let it slide. I am now looking for some decent speakers for our main room, and it's HUGE. Klischorns would be ideal.. and since I have all of the bits besides the boxes....

Well, good luck in forming a specialized club.

There was a history of clubs devoted to individual designs by Klipsch during the pre-Internet era. They survived, by newsletters and modest dues. However, an analysis of the groups show that specialized groups had too few members to keep things going and merged or went out of business. Happily, in the Internet era, all group members gravitated to this forum

There was once the Heresy Excellent Listening Legion. HELL

At about the same time there was formed the Belle Society. BS.

Neither of these two quite enough following on their own and thus merged to form a new club called: HELLS BELLES.

LaScala had a large following and a club was formed -- that being the LaScala User Group Society. LUGS.

There were individuals which did not want the subjects of clubs to be narrowed to just speakers; they had interest in other aspects of hi-fi like amps and wire and room acoustics.. Thus was formed: More Users of Great Systems. MUGS

Cornwalls have always been popular and thus was founded a club for them: Cornwall Legion After Sensational Sound. CLASS

As you might know, there was controversy when the company came out with speakers using new technology and a schism was feared. In a spirt of brotherhood, a new society was formed which embraced both the old and new : Klipsch, Old Klipsch, Or New Updated Technology Society. KOKONUTS.

Hard liners from the old school joined in, but with some resistance to anything but the old ways. At about this time, the forum became the central meeting place for Klipsch lovers.

A major faction was: the Klipschhorn Lascala Universal Demented Group Emporium. KLUDGE.

Generally, all these club groups survive here in a way. We go hell’s bells for the speakers. There are lugs and mugs with class. Most members are kokonuts. It’s a kludge.

There is another club which no one here is interested in very mucht: Bose Users That Thrive Having Other Low Efficiency Systems

Wm Gil McD

Hi Peteoz77,

I have not looked at the plans in many years, but I will find them. I would love the chance to build another set of Khorns. I would love to

be in your situation with two complete sets of drivers to start from. Maybe I should start a small home Hobby to convert LaScals's into

Khorns. As you may not know, there are two processes in the construction of a Khorn, First, is the very accurate cutting of all the many

parts, each one a different size with many different angles. The second is to accurate assembly of all these many parts into a finial product.

My plans give the sizes and angles of all the parts only. The best assembly manual I have found so far was many years ago from a company

called Speakerlab. I also had a copy of that manual along with my plans. Both of witch to find. Will be in contact with you at that time.

Regards,

Boris

I Triode Pete.

First I would like to thank you for your interest in my fledgling project. As stated in my first thread, my basic idea in forming K.O.G. was to find

out about other Klipschorn owners, especially in my area. To answer your question all I need is your name, location and serial numbers from

your speakers. I am at present, working on a parchment presentation certificate suitable for framing, that will include the above information. I

would like to thank Groomlakearea51 for the idea of the certificate.

Regards,

Boris P.

Sheese Gil. Go easy on the guy. He's had only 8 posts!

Stick out tongue

Are you kidding me? When have you ever gone easy on a guy?Big Smile

tc

ha ha ~ touche' [:)]

But's that's me. Gil, on the other hand, is a nice(er) person. Go get em' Gil