Professor Thump

winchester21

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok if you must know, China owns this country now, it's going to be called China Light !

It was more like a repossession than an outright sale. Wink

This was not meant to be political..........just a joke.

will the distinguished gentlemen from chinassippi please refrain from making political jokes. you won't think it's so funny when they rename the Saints the Ninjas. [:S]

Back Shoring... so starting with manufacturing when does it hit IT and engineering that's been off shored?

Klipsch is leader in movie theater sound.... I think I heard an insider once say that movie theater owners in this country at least only buy US made speakers... so off shoring that line of pro sound would be like cutting off your dominant hand and arm... well beyond shooting oneself in the foot.

And as the Japanese at least used to highly revere the classic 50's and 60's American made audio gear maybe they and other Asians consider Klipsch Heritage to be in that category today? I think the factory in Hope cranked out the most Heresies in one day in the last couple of years but most if not all destined for foreign markets. Here they seem to be more of a special order for the fanatics though there are still some dealers so sales might not be all that bad but not flying off the shelves like the Image S4i either.

And now that Klipsch is referred to as a headphone company maybe some of those clients might decide to try their speakers .... gee, they've been making speakers for over 60 years? I wonder if there as good as their headphones...

So I was thinking P Thump was going to China to get a new product going? Maybe back shoring some of the Reference line.

Yeah cheaper labor.... or claimed anyway... but ya usually get what you pay for... cheap is not good. Inexpensive or high value is much better. I don't want cheap products. I want inexpensive good products and don't mind paying more for better quality. And yes even pay more at times for something made in the USA though usually it's also better quality but not always.

So now we all want ot know what Professor Thump is up to..... hmmmm China. California. JBL plant closing down in California. Coincidence? Skilled workforce about to be laid off. Speaker manufacturing plant soon to be for sale? ... one can wonder

Or maybe he's just vacationing in California.......