Help me spend some $$$$$!

stxman

Hi Im new to home theater/ audio I wanted to ask the more experienced members thier thoughts on a system that I am considering buying . The sytem is the Klipsch RF83 system. It will be for a home theater set up in my living room. It will be for about 60% music and 40% movies, I listen to all kinds of music from reggae to gospel . I plan on getting a Marantz reciever along with the speakers. Can anyone give some insight into this system. Should I be looking into the RF63 system instead ?.. Thanks

Stxman  

Welcome to the forums! If money is not an issue, then why not go with the best? The RF-83 system will definately make you happy. Great choice on reciever brand! You'll find that marantz and klipsch sound excellent together. Which model are you thinking about? Also, did you have a sub in mind? You don't have to stick with Klipsch. But the RT-12 is more than capable of handling the LFE. Are you going to go 5.1 or 7.1?

I just have to ask......

Do you have a big room for your HT?

Why not consider heritige speakers? ( Cornwalls, or Heresies, perhaps even La Scalas)....

It is a different sound that will satisfy your hearts desires when it comes to music...... And excellent for HT in my opinion.....

Search around on the forum.......

And you could find mint gear whether Reference or Heritage used; For much less coin..... (Half price of new or sometimes even more)....

(That being said; the new HIIIs will ROCK your world)....

Good luck!

Help you spend your money? You came to the right place. I think you will love the 83's and the Marantz as well. You might check out a different sub. I like Elemental Designs but there are alot of choices out there. If you have a extra cash you might check out a amp as well. I like Emotiva. Best bang for the buck. Are you broke yet?

Welcome to the forum. Good luck.

if you stick around here for a while you may find yourslef running out of money to spend but on a positive note at least you will have a great sounding system.. [:D]

in all seriousness IMO buy the best speakers you can afford as it is the electronics that we seem to upgrade more often than not and it is the speakers that seem to stay.

Thanks for all the wecome comments and advice . My ht room is not so big in fact it's also my family room. I am looking at the 83's because they sem o get good reviews from almost evevryone excpt the klipsch haters. Iam not in a position to listen to or demo much gear, there's virtually no dealers where I live so I want to get somthingthat's proven.

Hey Daryl are you the same one that had the Sr 7002 for sale.

Hey guys the title says help me spend some $$$, Not help me spend all my $$$$. ;-

• Moderators

I thoroughly enjoy my RF-83 system. They can handle tons of power, tight bass response and did I mention they are oh so stylish in the Cherry finish. [:D] Paired with the RC-64, you will have an amazing front stage.

Welcome to the forums! You'll be broke soon enough. [:P]

I live on St Croix in the Us Virgin Islands ...

Stxman,

Welcome to the forum. When you do purchase your gear, I will gladly sacrifice my time and vacation days to fly down to help you set up and test out your system. Kindly send the plane ticket to the following address:[:D].......LOL

But seriously, I believe you will be happy with either the RF-63 or RF-83 systems. If $$$ is not an issue, go for the RF-83's. That way you probably won't have the "what if I had bought the.......?"

Bill

Stx, I don't think you can go wrong with Marantz and Klipsch. I've had Heritage gear since the late 70's and some more in the mid 80's. I'm sure the RF series are good, but you need to listen to some Heritage gear before you buy. Like Neo said, Heresyies for the dough I don't think you can beat.

Khorn fronts; KG 1's side surrounds; RC 64 centre; RW 12d Sub; Blu-ray, DVD/VCR Rec; CD; DSS; 42 LCD HDTV

Hi Stx & as has been said, welcome to the forum.

Pardon me if I've simply missed it but I've not seen any budget yet. It might really help if you said "I want to spend no more than "X" dollars to buy 5 (or 6 or 35) speakers.

That might help us help you even better so that those dummy Jubilee guys will shut up for a change and perhaps suggest something more reasonable.

Presumably shipping will have to come to the island so that might be an issue as well? (driving up cost)

You know...that alone might make something like the Heresy's work easier since they are smaller than the RF's, could be had new or used (depending on your budget) and when mated with a solid sub, would probably give you a real kick hiney system.

That said, I personally am a fan of bigger is better. I want to do it once and forget it, not go through all this trouble for something to 'start' with and then in 3 years, decide to do it over with larger speakers.

Good luck in your quest!

I was in your same situation just a few weeks ago. I was able to listen to the RF-63's but none of the dealers in my area had the RF-83's in stock. All though I really enjoyed the 63's I couldn't help but feel they were lacking on bass. I was however very impressed with there wide open sound stage and relatively small foot print. I came very close in making a purchase thinking I would simply add a sub to compliment them. Until 3 years ago I had a complete RF-7 HT system. I sold them to my brother in law due to buying a house and it needing many renovations. Ever since I sold them I always felt like there was something missing in my home. They played loud, they played hard and were excellent for both HT and music. Every time I thought about my old system I couldn't help but wonder what the RF-83's sounded like. I thought it over for a few days and decided I would order the 83's even though never hearing them. They are in one word AMAZING!! They are IMHO better then both the RF-7 and 63's. They sound incredible. The highs are a little laid back when compared to the 7's and have the bass I was looking for that the 63's were lacking. There is absolutely no need for a stand alone sub for music listening. I had rotel separates with my last system and planned to for this one as well. But during my research I kept coming across Emotiva. I only came across a few negative comments but read post after post of people being very pleased with there quality and cost. Many Klipsch owners feel Emotiva is "Klipsch friendly" so I decided to give them a try. I now have a UMC-1 paired with an XPA-5. This combination has me grinning ear to ear and I honestly think I will be content for many years to come (which is saying something all in its self). So If I were you and could afford the 83's I would with out hesitation go for them. You will not be disappointed.