The "Klipsch Forum Member Map"

ace168516

So, I have been bored a bit as of late (stupid unemployment) and got a few people to be guinea pigs for my member map project. Here is the link, we can probably embed this in a post if the forum supports HTML in posts (have no clue if this is possible or not) Need some more people though. If anyone want to be on it, send me a PM. I have been hovering your marker over your town (don't want addresses or names for security purposes obviously) The note is city/state and the name link goes to your forum profile. I have debated working on a key of some sort (as per a discussion with CECAA850(thanks for a few good ideaa carl) for heritage system/refrence system whatever...it gets complex as most people has stupid amounts of speakers around here)

Anyways, thanks to the 3 first members you may get special colors...I also have custom avatar or photo options. Right now I am adding only established forum members...no real requirements...just no one day members. I could have made it publicly editable, but I would like this to be a resource, not a klipsch user map.

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/klipsch

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone put up a Frapper map of forum members for a while. It got very loaded up with lots of pointers crammed into certain areas, and eventually took a long time to load, as I recall. I like the way this works so far, but we only got 4 people right now.

Larry

Reminds me of the "sexual offenders in your area" map. [:o]

Maybe substitute little speaker symbols instead. Then again, with all the Heritage owners the map wouldn't be big enough. [;)]

Well, I am not out to spam anyone haha...if it turns to an issue, I can unlink profiles if it does, but I do not see it happening. To be honest, my lightbulb went off on this idea after I had to hunt down a forum member in vegas to pick up some speakers for me. I have also by luck of the draw remembered some forum members when I saw some great deals like a set of KLF-30s for $300 and wanted to let them know they were available. I am not linking any e-mail addresses or physical addresses. Just username and Klipsch profile which you can not message to unless you are a member. If it were to become an issue, it is only a click away haha.

Note: I am making this on a request basis...I am not adding members that are not wanting to be on it, or hunting profiles for info. I respect everyone's privacy whether they want to be on the map or not.

By the way SWL...looking forward to hearing those KLF-30s this summer...I passed on an oppertunity to hear the RF-7s back when I picked up my cornwalls in indy...but if you choose the 30's, I am expecting a good show [:D]. Then we can get drunk on the boat haha.

By the way SWL...looking forward to hearing those KLF-30s this summer...I passed on an oppertunity to hear the RF-7s back when I picked up my cornwalls in indy...but if you choose the 30's, I am expecting a good show Big Smile. Then we can get drunk on the boat haha.

You got it! [Y]

Thanks LarryC...I think the mapsource is much better layed out in mine (google maps is nicer that what was available 5 years ago)...although it still might get crowded...I do have to say it was nice to find out Steve was close to me...would live to have a beer with you if you ever get up this way...and check out the pic of Trey...that is just plain awesome.

I have the map set as and admin only gets to add people...which is me! I could release it to public additions with a click of the mouse but I really wanted this to be useful. I have heard this has been attempted before with mixed results. The best thought I have had is to just add people as requested...if I make it public, then spam may come ect. If you want to be added, either post in the thread or PM me...if Amy wants to take the map over, I would gladly transfer it. I could easily script the map to pull locations from profiles, but I wanted this to be a voulantary forum add-on.