HH Scott 222c.....

SWL

Tubes sound good with horns? How come nobody told me? [:P]

I don't wanna do anything but just sit here in the sweet spot drooling over this thing. The realism of the cymbal crashes, separation of instruments and the smooth detail are to die for.

I've never heard Stevie Ray's or Clapton's guitar sound this realistic in my living room before......and Smooth Jazzzzz......suweeet. [Y]

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet! I've heard a couple of people mention "Tubes sound good with horns", but I'm ignoring them. I'm just not ready to make the jump........yet. [:S]

But I am thrilled that you are finding it so Amazing! It helps me to know "What" to upgrade when the "Bug Bites".

Congratulations on the Tubes and The Audio Nirvana! [Y] [<:o)]

Dennie

Tubes sound good with horns", but I'm ignoring them

I've ignored them as well.....until now. When this baby popped up on the Garage Sale I knew I couldn't pass it up. A sweet deal and the seller was a pleasure to do business with.

Tubes sound good with horns", but I'm ignoring them

I've ignored them as well.....until now. When this baby popped up on the Garage Sale I knew I couldn't pass it up. A sweet deal and the seller was a pleasure to do business with.

Okay, now I'm IGNORING you! [8o|]

La La La La.....I can't hear you....LO LO LO LO LA LA LA ALALALALALALLLALLAALL!

Dennie [;)]

• Moderators

Sweet! I've heard a couple of people mention "Tubes sound good with horns", but I'm ignoring them. I'm just not ready to make the jump........yet. Tongue Tied

That's exactly my plan also, I don't want to hear it period.

Sweet! I've heard a couple of people mention "Tubes sound good with horns", but I'm ignoring them. I'm just not ready to make the jump........yet. Tongue Tied

Just ignore him Dtel! That's what I'm doing..........

(Did he say Steely Dan?)

Dennie

• Moderators

Just ignore him Dtel! That's what I'm doing..........

(Did he say Steely Dan?)

Dennie

Yes he did, but I can play Steely Dan on my old rusty broken down SS setup. [:P]

That's great to hear man. I bet that is a kick a$$ combination.Yes

....and to my fellow headbanger......when I throw on my classic rock or heavy metal, the difference is not subtle at especially loud volumes. Something is missing......distortion. When I'm cranking, it sometimes seems like maybe the gain from the 222c isn't there. I realized quickly that the distortion that I was used to at loud volumes was not there anymore. It keeps it's cool at all volumes. [:D]

That's great to hear man. I bet that is a kick a$$ combination.Yes

....and to my fellow headbanger......when I throw on my classic rock or heavy metal, the difference is not subtle at especially loud volumes. Something is missing......distortion. When I'm cranking, it sometimes seems like maybe the gain from the 222c isn't there. I realized quickly that the distortion that I was used to at loud volumes was not there anymore. It keeps it's cool at all volumes. Big Smile

Stop it your making me want to trade my Chorus II's for 30's and add a HH Scott up top. I've got the bottom covered.[:D]

I wish I could bi-amp my Chorus II''s as easy as you can the KLF 30's.

I don't believe any of this nonsense I'm hearing! Tube equipment doesn't come close to the sweet & smooth yet lovely detailed sound you get from solid state. I still kick myself every day for wasting all that money on VRDs and Blueberrys, especially AFTER blowing all that cash on my Scott 299b! You would think I'd have learned my lesson. But NOOOOOO!! Spend, spend spend!! Tubes, tubes, tubes. How foolish can one group of audio nuts get? Oh, and don't get me started on vinyl!!!

Time for a yard sale. [:@]

I don't believe any of this nonsense I'm hearing! Tube equipment doesn't come close to the sweet & smooth yet lovely detailed sound you get from solid state. I still kick myself every day for wasting all that money on VRDs and Blueberrys, especially AFTER blowing all that cash on my Scott 299b! You would think I'd have learned my lesson. But NOOOOOO!! Spend, spend spend!! Tubes, tubes, tubes. How foolish can one group of audio nuts get? Oh, and don't get me started on vinyl!!!

Time for a yard sale. Angry

You tell them Gary! It is about time SOMEONE saw the Light!!!!

Dennie [;)]