My Blu-Ray Player Too SLOW....

smokarz

i swear, sometimes i wish i could just put a hammer through my Sony S360. it took forever to load a disc, especially witht the Disney movies. i probaly finish a beer before i the movie start.

what are you guys using for blu-ray? anything that load fast without breaking the bank?

• Moderators

When I was looking at players, I originally didn't want to spend $400, especially since I didn't play too many games on a game console. Last console I owned was the Super Nintendo. LOL

I'm very pleased with it though. I use most of it's features (Media Server, download game demos, play rock band with my kids and guests that come over, show slideshows from images on CD or jumpdrive etc). About the only thing I don't use is the Netflix online feature because I would rather get the higher res from renting a Bluray from Blockbuster.

I am using 2 PS3s, one in the HT room and one in the TV room. Great players for the money and you can build an entertainment system around them. They store audio, movies, still pictures, internet browser AND still play games. They are great units for so much more than just games.... but that is what Sony intended all along.

The older PS3s (not the slim) were designed from the start to accept Linux as a second operating system, there is even a factory installed option for adding a second operating system in the form of Linux so it is a stand alone computer also!

why are you even considering one without analog outs smokaz?? If you can get the funds togethor i would say the LG-BD390 would be my choice of players, you could find one for under $200. I just picked up a plioneer bdp-320 for if i ever get a theater togethor ( need a tv still lol). Got it for 100 shipped. Supposedly one of the slowest loading bd players but i did my research first and it is the one i wanted[:P]

I went with a PS3, all of my research pointed me in that direction to be honest with you. All of the blu-ray players that were wireless, streamed Netflix and Pandora were getting average reviews from people and even companies like CNET. It seemed to me that there were just too many quirks that hadn't been worked out yet and people were really upset about those quirks. Everyone I knew that had a PS3 loved it. I don't even use mine for gaming at all, I use it simply for blu-ray functionality, to stream Netflix and Windows Media Player 11 so I can stream all my music I have on my computer straight through the PS3. I love that feature to death. And this thing is so easy to set up, it finds your wireless connection right away all you need is the security code, it found and connected to WMP 11 right away and streamed all my music with literally nothing done on my end and it plays blu-ray discs flawlessly, not wait time hardly at all. Upconversion on regular DVDs are pretty good as well. I'm very glad with my purchase, I know a lot of people steer away from it because they see it more as a gaming system but its so far from it lol. I have one game for it I think.