Best Band Names

100dB

Root Boy Slim and the Sex change Band

Root! Root! Root!, Big fan, he's gone now though. Really tore up the DC music scene for years.

Ok how about:

Climax Blues Band

Cheap Trick

Schon and Hammer

Head East

Bus Boys

Sheer Greed

an don't forget...

The Tubes

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw Cheap Trick last thursday in San Diego. They played at an audiology convention (Oticon Hearing Instruments block party)... Would that be "Cheap Trick Live At Oticon"? They still rock, yet we had a lot of ear plugs in use.

More bands: G-Spot Tornado; The Infidels.

If I'm really lucky, and indeed I am, I shall never, ever, have to see a tribute band.

Tribute bans=suck some more dollars out of you one more time.

Db100: Audiology convention? Cymbals and tippany might clear that place out lickety split. So do you know any good tinnitus jokes?[:D]

I like bands with a buzz. How about:

Queen Bee and the Blue Hornet Band.

For the doors there is one for practically every lyric and song.

Soft Parade

Wild Child

Mojo Risin

Peacefrog

American Night

Moonlight Drive

Crystal Ship

Back Door Men

Through the Doors

Rhodehouse

The Doors Alive

Morrison Hotel

Doors of Deception

The Double Doors

Riders on the Storm

Lizard King

Yeah, I'm an audiologist, as well as a recording engineer. I have Heresys, Maggies, and Paradigm Reference all living under the same roof - it's like the United Nations. Tubes, SS... all here. I love my vinyl, and my iPod, equally. Simple care regarding the signal path should leave you happy, regardless. Do what you love. I don't have any tinnitus jokes, though I do have horror stories. Frankly, we should all be extremely grateful for what we have. I met a deaf woman this weekend who uses a cochlear implant. Up until recently, she never knew that rain, or a river, actually made a sound. She still says that while the world is now audible, it isn't necessarily beautiful (auditorily), and her fiancé is a world class sound recordist, Gordon Hempton. I count my blessings. ~Dan

Autobahn or, was it Kraftwerk? (Long live Uli Kunkle! aka Karl Hungus aka Peter Storemare)

Little Feat

Mott the Hoople

The Buzzcocks

Eeek a Mouse

The Muhfugs

Widespread Panic

Social Distortion

Ba$tard Sons of Johnny Cash

The Smithereens

The Swollen Pimples

The Jizzmaticks

(OK, so I made the last two up)

Yeah, I'm an audiologist, as well as a recording engineer. I have Heresys, Maggies, and Paradigm Reference all living under the same roof - it's like the United Nations. Tubes, SS... all here. I love my vinyl, and my iPod, equally. Simple care regarding the signal path should leave you happy, regardless. Do what you love. I don't have any tinnitus jokes, though I do have horror stories. Frankly, we should all be extremely grateful for what we have. I met a deaf woman this weekend who uses a cochlear implant. Up until recently, she never knew that rain, or a river, actually made a sound. She still says that while the world is now audible, it isn't necessarily beautiful (auditorily), and her fiancé is a world class sound recordist, Gordon Hempton. I count my blessings. ~Dan

Jess funin DB, which I do believe is my official job title here. Every time I act serious individuals get concerned and before you know it, there's flashing lights out side my door. Sometimes it's an ambulance and sometimes...

Trust me when I say this, a forum chock full of audiophiles takes hearing loss very seriously. Personally I have a sister-in-law going deaf, my ex is on the way, and I have some degradation in my right ear I presume from all that screeching from conservatives over the years. Yet, one of our finest members and most astute and discerning listeners on this forum is getting by with basically one good ear.

But enough of this, I'm wandering afield. Pretty soon I'll be starting up a speaker wire thread.

So as an audiologist and a recording engineer have you had the opportunity to work on any of these fine audiology songs?

http://www.eartunes.com/ur/audiology-songs-all.shtml

While I await your reply I'm off to listen to:

Cherry Poppin Daddies