25 yr old Macallan - Ga klipsch gathering tasting notes

USNRET- yep- bout half the bottle in addition to the scotch. You were not there so somebody had to test it. I did save you the second half[D]

However- I did not win the drinking contest- Did not even finish on the podium[:D]

I will make sure that there is a full bottle next time we meet up.

makers is an excellent mixing burbon- great with mineral water or coke. I typically makers -black jack - knob creek- or Gentleman jack. Whatever is on sale at that price point. Makers is my most popular customer Christmas giveaway. For the scotch drinkers either Glenmorangie or balvinie Doublewood. Best bang for the buck

Incidentally... what is in your avatar? Is that a vector thrust jet engine?

Yep, vectored thrust (de-rated for the F-22) F-119 Pratt on the test cell. One bad a** engine. I spent about 8-9 years on the Raptor production flight line as liaison engineer for propulsion, utility and sub-systems.

Kinda slow here; 3 minutes APU start - 60,000 feet in alert mode

Yep, vectored thrust (de-rated for the F-22) F-119 Pratt on the test cell. One bad a** engine. I spent about 8-9 years on the Raptor production flight line as liaison engineer for propulsion, utility and sub-systems.

Kinda slow here; 3 minutes APU start - 60,000 feet in alert mode http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5TvK4zd23o

That is a cool image....I have not seen pics that way. I have worked airshows with the F-22, but never worked on/around them. As amazed as I was by an F-15's time to climb and manouverability when it was new, the F-22 makes it seem like a pregnant yak.

I have been looking for a good excuse to drink that bad boy. I couldn't think of a better group a guys to share it with. It was very good, in fact the best I have ever hadn and I have drank a bunch in my years.

The cigar, a Cuban Flor De T. Partagas Lusitania, EXCELLENT.

CIGARBUM

I never liked scotch until a friend bought me a glass of 25 yo Macallans, and that changed my opinion in a hurry. That was about 5 years ago. I always have a bottle of 15 yo on hand for friends that are scotch drinkers, and for special occasions. Wish I could afford the 25 yo or I would always have it on hand as well. :)

I never liked scotch until a friend bought me a glass of 25 yo Macallans, and that changed my opinion in a hurry. That was about 5 years ago. I always have a bottle of 15 yo on hand for friends that are scotch drinkers, and for special occasions. Wish I could afford the 25 yo or I would always have it on hand as well. :)

Wait 10 years...[;)]

don't know anything about scotch of any age, but my experience with 35 year babes is that they are beset by their lunar cycle and too emotional; they should be sampled frequently but with reservations

So Bob starts pouring the nectar for the picture- the camera starts acting up- and the glass gets more and more full as Terry is tinkering with the camera. By the time we are finished the glass is 1/2 to 3/4 full[:D].

I can say without any doubt that this was the best glass of Scotch I ever raised to my lips.

Thanks again Bob- the best glass ever. I will never forget it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have only tried the 12 year old bottles... and they are quite good. I may break out the older stuff one of these days. 25 year old mac + 25 year old macintosh+ 25 year old klipsch + 25 year old babes...

Either you're a youngster or you don't keep to the "half your age plus seven" rule. :-P

OK...I'm not tracking the rule It would appear that .5A(y)+7 is the math for the rule, where A(y)=age in years, which is simple enough. Solved for my own personal age, the answer is 38. Does this mean that I should not date a woman who is any younger than 38, or does it mean I should date no woman who is older than age 38?? Rules are great, but the interpretation and application are fraught with difficulties.

Chuck