25 yr old Macallan - Ga klipsch gathering tasting notes

Bob- Cigarbum- was generous enough to break out a truly world class bottle of scotch for thi occasion. I have been involved in the wine industry on a wholesale level for a number of years. During this time I have been fortunate to sample and evaluate many fine scotches. I can say without any reservation that the 25 year old Macallam malt trumps anything that I have tried to date.

The cork wnet into a complete melt down upon opening- we attempted to use a corkscrew to rescue the situation to no avail.

SO- we were forced to drink the whole bottle.. Oh DAM !!!!!!!!!!!!. Yes there is a god[:D]

All BS aside- this is the smoothest- most refined- most totally complex scotch that you will ever pour into a glass. The stuff has no burn - no rough edges- nothing of the bad qualities of less expensive scotch. the start has tons of honey and iodine on the palate and finishes to a wonderful mix and a long finish of 45 seconds or more on the rear palate- but no burn -no overpowering singular flavor.

On the bad side my other scotches now taste like barnyard runoff. I t will be a long time before I will be able to pour any of mine.

I feel guilty about the amount that I personally consumed over a 2 day period.

Thanks again BOB for a wonderful expierence of drinking my fill of this great classic malt.

Wow! Now that is a generous classy host :)

I tried some 25yr and 30yr scotch in north Arkansas. The shock was when the tab came but how often do you get to sample such great scotch. My taste lead me to reserve Lagavulin and the old peaty ones. You are absolutely correct once you have found the scotch that does it for you it is hard to go back to others. Its sort of like living with Khorns and going to bose. Got any pics of the bottle : )

I have only tried the 12 year old bottles... and they are quite good. I may break out the older stuff one of these days. 25 year old mac + 25 year old macintosh+ 25 year old klipsch + 25 year old babes...

Either you're a youngster or you don't keep to the "half your age plus seven" rule. :-P

I have only tried the 12 year old bottles... and they are quite good. I may break out the older stuff one of these days. 25 year old mac + 25 year old macintosh+ 25 year old klipsch + 25 year old babes...

Either you're a youngster or you don't keep to the "half your age plus seven" rule. :-P

I like my premium libations over 25, and my women at least 35. Although, I do work with this 26 year old that looks like a prime Erika Eliniak from Under Seige (and baywatch IIRC). I'd have to see how well she goes with younger whiskey.

I read "25 yr old Macallan - Ga klipsch gathering" and started to run for the airport until I saw "tasting notes". That must truly have been exquisite. Aside from the Klipschfest and scotch, what cigar did ya pair it with?

Yum, that's my favorite also; pricey though.

You are going to have to be more specific:

25 year old mac + 25 year old macintosh + 25 year old klipsch + 25 year
old babes...

HA, the inference was open-ended, huh.

All cubans- Por larenaga petit corona- Cohiba siglo 6- Cuaba figarado 6 " large ring ga-Partagas series D # 4 robusto German market selection.

This was a particulary good Siglo 6 from Australia- won the day

Yes Bob is indeed a classy host and a stand up guy.

Now- my Balvinnie Doublewood tastes like the medicine my mother made me take when I was a kid- no more Scotch for a while until my palate recovers.

I looked on the net at prices and got sick. I dont see any in my future

they also make a 30 year which is 250.00........for a MINI bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh the balvinnie does have an iodine flavor to it. I like the combo of iodine smoke and heavy in the peat. Laphroig is ok but it is mild when compared to Lagavulin. I've noticed the aging process really mellows an refines the flavor. Some scotch do this better than others. I'd say Macallan is better at this process of aging than most. With Laphroig and Lagavulin I like the younger less refined better. I spent extra money for private reserve and didn't prefer it which was strange. Aging may be more of an art than we give credit.

I got a taste..........my first time tasting scotch ever I think. Of course it is every bit as good as has been mentioned but I can't drink booze very often, no matter the quality. They'd have to lock me up. Beer and wine for me.

At the lower levels I prefer the Balvinne and the Lagavulen. In the midrange I like the non chill filtered Coila. As for the expensive stuff- this one kicks @ss. There are plenty of fine scotches around. These are just the ones I happen to prefer. As my drinking progressed I found the burbons and blended canadian whiskeys to be too sweet for me unless mixed. The peatey-smoky - iodine taste of Scotch appeals to me particular with cigars, I have however included sour mash with mixers in my choices due to the soaring prices of good scotch, I can understand why some people dont like it.

At the lower levels I prefer the Balvinne and the Lagavulen. In the midrange I like the non chill filtered Coila. As for the expensive stuff- this one kicks @ss. There are plenty of fine scotches around. These are just the ones I happen to prefer. As my drinking progressed I found the burbons and blended canadian whiskeys to be too sweet for me unless mixed. The peatey-smoky - iodine taste of Scotch appeals to me particular with cigars, I have however included sour mash with mixers in my choices due to the soaring prices of good scotch, I can understand why some people dont like it.

Have you ever tried a peated Irish Whiskey called Cannemara? It is interesting especially for the price.

http://www.connemarawhiskey.com/

Interesting... Connemara 750ml...

$47.95 shipped.

They recommend you enjoy it with cashel blue cheese, a smoked irish cheddar with biscuits or Irish smoked salmon on soda bread. I shall look into ordering some myself.

Washington state has a recently made distillery "Dry fly" and they have already been getting raves over thier single malt.

Interesting... Connemara 750ml...

$47.95 shipped.

They recommend you enjoy it with cashel blue cheese, a smoked irish cheddar with biscuits or Irish smoked salmon on soda bread. I shall look into ordering some myself.

Washington state has a recently made distillery "Dry fly" and they have already been getting raves over thier single malt.

Wow they can ship it! I'll have to order some. It is peaty. If you like peat it is great.