Old School Ghettoblasters...Post your pics

NOZ

Interesting that the new Lasonic has a "louNdness" button.

That's how Lasonic units produce that "well-lounded" sound you don't get from other brands.

"It's not lound enough!"

"No problem! I'll just hit the Loundness button!"

Apparently, this isn't uncommon:

MD-K28 Lound Speaker (Stereo Large Voice)(China (Mainland))

MD-K28

Lound Speaker (Stereo Large

Voice)

Lound speaker for iPod(Hong Kong)

Lound

speaker for iPod

Lound Speaker for iphone 3g(Hong Kong)

Lound

Speaker for iphone 3g

car speaker Bluetooth Portable stereo speaker MP3 player Lound </p><p>speaker(Hong Kong)

car speaker Bluetooth

Portable stereo speaker MP3 player Lound

speaker

Ringer Lound Speaker Buzzer for iPhone 2G(Hong Kong)

Ringer

Lound Speaker Buzzer for iPhone

2G

car speaker Bluetooth Portable stereo speaker MP3 player Lound </p><p>speaker(Hong Kong)

car speaker Bluetooth

speaker

Lound mini speaker(Hong Kong)

Lound

mini speaker

CPM51P1.5.1 speaker,lound speaker,computer speaker,surround </p><p>speaker,Perfect for your PC/iPod/MP3 player(China (Mainland))

CPM51P1.5.1

speaker,lound speaker,computer

speaker,surround speaker,Perfect

for your PC/iPod/MP3 player

Horn lound speaker(Taiwan)

Horn lound

speaker

car speaker Bluetooth

speaker

MT-B702 (lound speaker) 13W Table Lamp(China (Mainland))

MT-B702 (lound

speaker) 13W Table Lamp

Flash MP4 Player with Built-in Lound Speaker(Hong Kong)

Flash

MP4 Player with Built-in Lound Speaker

My ghetto blaster evolution began in the late 1970's: I had a Sanyo boom box very similar to this one. It traveled with me on the road with our band in the Michigan bar entertainment circuit.

post-10177-1381959912159_thumb.jpg

post-10177-1381961742223_thumb.jpg

Then, along came the early 1980's and with it came the CD. I ran out an bought one of the first blasters with a CD player: This early Sony, which skipped and quit playing CDs a lot because it was released too early to have any error correction on board: Early adopter blues, as usual. LOL The CD player was sophisticated: The tape transport controls had servo-logic and it accepted the then-new, metal tapes.

post-10177-1381959912189_thumb.jpg

post-10177-1381961742271_thumb.jpg

In 1995, I was working out-of-state for Ford Motor Company and they put me up in an apartment in Virginia Beach, Virginia while I worked as an F-150 Launch Engineer at the Norfolk Truck Plant. Not bad duty, if I do say so myself. The Sony boom box I had finally wore out (laser burned out on the CD player and the servos in the tape transport quit working), so I needed a new source of music for my apartment. I picked up this JVC PC XC30 box. It sounds amazing with a 6-CD Changer, dual cassette decks, radio, a self-powered subwoofer and a full-feature remote control. The main detriment: No AUX Inputs. I still have this unit today and it's in perfect condition and sounds great! It's power-hungry with the sub running and because of this it probably weighs about 45 pounds when I install the 10 D-Cells and 2 AAs it requires. But, I didn't buy it to hault it around on my shoulder like a homey.

post-10177-138195991223_thumb.jpg

post-10177-1381961742306_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...

%3Ca%20href=Photobucket" mce_src="Photobucket

Hello,i'm new..is it too late to chat about boomboxes ? they have always been my passion,does anyone own any ghettoblasters/boomboxes ? just curious if anyone owns any..cheers..[Y] i got this sharp tht i had shipped from japan last year,i love it..

Hey guys,i'm glad you all still dont mind discussing ghetto blasters,i love them,there has alwys been something special about them becuse they played a huge part of my life in the erly 80s when i was a kid..

@Mighty Favog

hi mate,regarding my picture,what i did was,i went to my picture hosting website,copied the html code,came here and clicked on insert/edit image at the top,then i pasted the html code in,i will try again now..

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/gettoman2009/Boxes%20%20Not%20Mine/J1FRONT.jpg

Posted Image